Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Zero W boot messages not sent past certain point over UART  (Read 1509 times)

Offline ZbigTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Raspberry Pi Zero W on Raspbian 10 (Buster). I have UART enabled with "uart_enable=1" in /boot/config.txt. Contents of /boot/cmdline.txt:
Code: [Select]
console=serial0,115200 console=tty1 root=PARTUUID=f7aaca44-02 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline fsck.repair=yes rootwait
The problem I have is, kernel messages during boot stop being pushed over UART at around 9.5 seconds mark. The last thing I see is "[    9.502661] systemd[1]: Started Journal Service.", then ~20 seconds of silence and then the login prompt. There's lots more stuff after the 9.5s mark getting logged in /var/log/kern.log or /var/log/messages (but no systemd stuff). I suspect it's some systemd thing and perhaps I should configure somewhere what and how gets logged to tty1 but I wouldn't know where to look. Ideally, I'd like to see over UART all the same or similar amount os stuff as gets spat out to the monitor over HDMI, that is both the kernel and userland stuff.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 08:50:03 pm by Zbig »

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf