Author Topic: USB OTG/gadget on Atomic Pi  (Read 1046 times)

Offline NiHaoMikeTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
USB OTG/gadget on Atomic Pi
« on: May 23, 2022, 02:37:56 am »
Has anyone figured out how to get the USB 3.0 port on the Atomic Pi to operate in gadget/device mode?

I see the xDCI controller in lspci and that the dwc3_pci module is already connected to it.

I tried the directions on this page:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/638148/use-dwc3-module-to-put-usb-c-port-in-host-mode
But dwc3 already appears to be in device mode.

The Atomic Pi schematic shows that the USB 3.0 port is port 0 on the chip which is the one that's supposed to be USB OTG according to the datasheet. My guess is because the OTG ID pin is grounded on the board, it has an internal mux switched to the xHCI controller. I'm not sure if it would be practical to rewire the ID pin, but shouldn't it be possible to override that from software and not have to modify the board to switch it to device mode? I'm using Xubuntu 22.04.

The use case is the board is going inside a smart 7.1 audio amplifier and the USB is one way to connect it to a PC or other device that supports audio over USB. I initially thought about using a Raspberry Pi Zero for that purpose but it would be nice having it all done by the Atomic Pi to keep things simple. (The HDMI connects to a DSP board that converts the HDMI audio into signals to drive several TI amplifier modules.)
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf