Electronics > FPGA

Alchitry Cu problems

(1/3) > >>

prophoss:
So I did this thing... I got a the Alchitry Cu https://alchitry.com/boards/cu thinking that it would be a good dev board that I could learn on with better documentation than my cheap Chinese dev board. It can be used with open source tool chain as well.  The problem is that the I/O pins are no exactly what I had expected. It seems that the only way to add peripherals is to buy their IO board. So that is another $30 or so. Does anybody have any ides how to use the headers as they are? Is there a simpler option? 

asmi:
They provide a schematic for the board, so open it up to see what's what.

prophoss:
I looked at the pinout so I know what attaches to where. What I’m wondering is how do I attach a sensor to a pin? The bank has a different design I’ve not seen before.

asmi:

--- Quote from: prophoss on January 17, 2022, 03:11:54 pm --- The bank has a different design I’ve not seen before.

--- End quote ---
Not sure I understand the question. What do you mean "bank has a different design"?

prophoss:
If you look at a picture of the board there are 4 banks of pins. These are the IO pins. The design is not the typical male to female pin. I was wonder how these work? How do you attach things to them?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version