Electronics > FPGA

Arrow DECA MAX 10 board for $37

<< < (38/40) > >>

migry:
So Brian, thank you for taking the time to read and answer my questions. You have made suggestions and I will explore those which make sense to help me to a solution. I haven't used anything except the basic I/O pad, so I really ought to find some learning material to understand more about these special I/O pins (features?) and how to instantiate them. I've found a few useful PDFs, but nothing regarding delay primitives.

--- Quote ---(Do you know how fine 50ps is?)
(Your video clock is 16MHz, do you know how many nanoseconds this is?)
(With a 256MHz input data clock, do you know how many positions you may take from that Atari ST source 16MHz video output?)
This may be out of your league for now...
--- End quote ---

Is there really any need to be so insulting?

--- Quote ---Q: How did you divide your output 54MHz into the ST's 16MHz?
--- End quote ---

--- Code: ---PLL_HDMI pll_hdmi_inst (
  .inclk0 ( MAX10_CLK2_50 ),
  .c0     ( w_pll_hdmi    ) // 54MHz
);

PLL_ATARI pll_atari_inst (
  .inclk0 ( w_pll_hdmi  ),
  .c0     ( w_clk_atari ) // 32MHz
);

--- End code ---

The numbers work out in that: 54 * 16 / 27 = 32.

BrianHG:

--- Quote from: migry on January 20, 2022, 11:09:03 pm ---

--- Quote ---(Do you know how fine 50ps is?)
(Your video clock is 16MHz, do you know how many nanoseconds this is?)
(With a 256MHz input data clock, do you know how many positions you may take from that Atari ST source 16MHz video output?)
This may be out of your league for now...
--- End quote ---

Is there really any need to be so insulting?

--- End quote ---
No insult intended.  I was just trying to convey the vast scope of timing between a 16/32MHz system in the day of 25-15ns PLDs and an FPGA which can easily do 400MHz and when they talk about IO timing, the kind of scope of their available adjustments are for correcting timing inside this tiny period where simple coding cannot accommodate those required tiny delays.

You are working in a world where the kind of timing adjustments you are doing is done in HDL code, not the realm of adjusting an IO's delay by +/- a few hundred picoseconds.

For your 'PLL_ATARI pll_atari_inst', if you are outputting that 32MHZ on an IO directly, unless it is a specific dedicated PLL output, timing isn't guaranteed.  Your output will be better quality if you ran the PLL at 64MHz and make an output @ that clock ' out <= !out; ' making a logic output at half frequency.

I still say make your PLL generate the 256MHz and from that 54MHz, generate the 32MHz out, IE count 8 clocks out, and select an adjustable position withing to sample 1 every 16 clocks making your adjustable delayed input for the DE.

normi:
Only option for quote available on Arrow site, says only 2 in stock but I doubt they have any available. When was the last time that these were in stock at the $37 price.
Di a quote request but waiting for response. 

lintweaker:

--- Quote from: normi on January 24, 2022, 01:01:37 pm ---Only option for quote available on Arrow site, says only 2 in stock but I doubt they have any available. When was the last time that these were in stock at the $37 price.
Di a quote request but waiting for response.

--- End quote ---
I did use the quote options a few days ago and got response: they do not have any stock currently.

ArsenioDev:
Yeah the stock on these has totally dried up, plus the FPGA silicon shortage is BRUTAL.
I snagged one for $56 on ebay recently as an entry into soft silicon world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version