Electronics > FPGA

Arrow DECA MAX 10 board for $37

<< < (39/40) > >>

BrianHG:
 :scared:  Can somebody tell me which YOYO decided to wire the audio codec TLV320AIC3254 line-out jack to the audio codec's line out pins instead of the headphone out pins?  I mean, the entire difference is that the line out's A-weighted Dynamic range is 100db VS the headphone out being 99db.  Absolutely every other spec is the same except the headphone pins can drive a 16ohm load, IE: headphones directly.  Their decision to use the codec's line out designed to drive a 10k load means I now need to find separate transfer audio cables and a headphone amp just to use this tiny board.  I mean, couldn't they think a little or read the data sheet?

Maybe they only wanted people with a suite of analog audio equipment to accompany this DECA board just to hear any sound.

BrianHG:

--- Quote from: evb149 on August 14, 2022, 01:23:14 am ---Sounds like a bad design decision surely.  Though how much I'd trust the analog level audio quality / SNR / reliability / ESD protection from what's intended to be a cheap FPGA board would be small regardless of what interface they used.
I'd worry about frying the FPGA / board based on plugging the audio cable or something unless proven otherwise by CE testing and schematic review.

Anyway though highly inconvenient vs. a correct PCB design, surely there has to be basically an 3.5mm-stereo-line-in to buffer-op-amp / line driver to 3.5mm stereo line / headphone out with micro-USB power input chinese gadget for like $10/5pcs or something?  I'd probably buy or design / build / use something like that just to add some EMC filtering and ESD protection and "jack saver" lessening the amount I'd physically handle / plug into the "unprotected"/"naked" FPGA board to make an audio connection and similar for HDMI, ethernet switch, etc.

--- End quote ---

I mean really.  I have a project where I just want to demonstrate some audio to someone.  Now I need to carry a crap of audio equipment just to listen instead of just headphones.  It was merely the difference of moving 2 ping over to the left on the IC...

That audio IC would need a serious zap going into it before it made its way far enough through it to make it to the FPGA to damage that IC.  Otherwise, even my home PC with an audio codec chip on the motherboard must be in great danger every time I touch my headphones.

mopplayer:
Wow, that's interesting, people love to do something on a board of EOL and more worst, a ES silicon.

The EOL product means you have no support, and you will solve problems on your own.

The ES silicon means there are some bugs in it, no guarantee, and the C6G (not I6G) device is still not available on the market, so that device is discontinued and only used for fun (or education?)

You could imagine why Intel Core "ES" devices are so cheap, and there are still "QS" devices.

Arrow is a commercial company that all realized that point and released them at a low price to get rid of them.

To be honest, I will not waste money on that electronic waste, even though it's only $39. :-//

If you want to use a MAX10 device, the DE10-Lite platforum is more reliable and used to develop products nowaday.

RoGeorge:

--- Quote from: mopplayer on December 05, 2022, 12:40:37 pm ---To be honest, I will not waste money on that electronic waste, even though it's only $39. :-//

If you want to use a MAX10 device, the DE10-Lite platforum is more reliable and used to develop products nowaday.

--- End quote ---

It's out of stock for a very long time anyway, though $39 was a very good price for the a MAX10 devboard with the biggest/fastest MAX10 FPGA and all those peripherals.  The one you like is $140 instead of $40, and how do you know it is more "reliable", since you don't have a DECA board for comparison?

BrianHG:

--- Quote from: mopplayer on December 05, 2022, 12:40:37 pm ---

--- End quote ---
What if you want 1600megabytes per second a digital 24bit 1080p multilayerd graphics included HD embedded sound, with a 512megabyte display buffer?

That DE10-Lite uses obsolete discontinued SDRam.  A technology if you are learning to use will develop nothing but cheap old slow bad habit skills, never learning how to use advanced high speed ports or using .sdc time constraints files to operate those super high speed DDR IO ports properly.

Yes, the C6 50k Max10s exist.  The ES was just an advanced engineering sample.
All, C8, I8, C7, I7, and C6 speed grades all function the same and you can get identical functio0nality between them.
Also, it is an FPGA, who cares which exact versions are available?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version