Electronics > FPGA

Can some one tell me what these are and how much they are worth please

<< < (7/8) > >>

james_s:
Well ultimately they're worth whatever someone will pay for one. If it were me, I'd post them on ebay one board at a time with a starting bid of 99c and see where they go.

Kilrah:

--- Quote from: RoGeorge on December 13, 2019, 12:33:14 am ---Handling and ESD is not such a danger.

Chances are all those FPGAs are in working condition, and perfectly reusable after reballing them.  Definitely not something to throw away or destroy for a keychain.

--- End quote ---
If you have a project that can make use of it you'll have hundreds of thousands of $ invested in the design already. Just delaying the project in case one of them is faulty would cost more than buying new ones...

mikeselectricstuff:
Classic case of value being vastly different from cost.
Anyone who already uses these isn't going to buy used ones.
If they are too big to be supported by the free tools, then they are useless to hobbyists,and  even if they are useable, they'd need an expensive multilayer PCB and good reflow process.

Just stick the board on ebay as-is and see what happens.

NorthGuy:

--- Quote from: mikeselectricstuff on December 13, 2019, 09:31:53 am ---Anyone who already uses these isn't going to buy used ones.

--- End quote ---

Actually, if I was working on a board which uses exact same part and had some PCB printed, I would give these a try.

dagema:
I got a license for Vivado for free when I bought an Arty from Digilent. I also later bought a Vivado license from Digilent for USD 50.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version