Author Topic: Cheaper Zynq Ultrascale+ and new Artix Ultrascale+ devices announced!  (Read 12770 times)

Offline asmiTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Cheaper Zynq Ultrascale+ and new Artix Ultrascale+ devices announced!
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2021, 03:52:59 pm »
For me it's clear now that Artix US is not the replacement for Artix, for some applications US suits much better, but for others Artix is fine.
Well it could be a good replacement for higher end Artix devices, as long as you don't require massive IO count some of those old Artix'es have.

But what is interesting is that they effectively undercut their low-to-midrange Kintex-7 devices (again, provided that you won't require an extra IO of Kintex'es). If you look at AU25P vs K325T, in appears that the former is better in just about any metric, and, importantly, it's available with a free license (you have to buy a license to use K325T devices). Similarly, AU10P seems superior to K70T, as is AU20P to K160T - new devices are faster, cheaper, support modern and faster memory and IO standards, and more power-efficient.

Also 16G transceivers allow connecting modern fast ADC/DACs via JESD204 interface, something that was simply not possible before, as these devices typically run interface at 12-16Gbps.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 03:55:31 pm by asmi »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2021, 04:30:27 am »
That webinar is now available on demand, but it seems like you still need to register to see it. The link is here: https://pages.xilinx.com/EN-WB-2021-08-05-ArtixUltraScale_LP-Registration.html?utm_campaign=artixu&utm_source=xweb&utm_medium=webinar_page

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2022, 03:14:12 pm »
A bump to the topic:

Last week I got an email from Xilinx telling these devices are now in production and instucting to contact sales. And so I did to see if I can acquire a few samples of AU10P or AU15P to build my own devboard (which is what I usually do for any new device I'm potentially interested in), we'll see what they say - that is if they get back to me at all ;D

Offline KE5FX

• Super Contributor
    • KE5FX.COM
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2022, 12:44:58 am »
They need to focus on producing what they already have.  FPGA companies do not need to be introducing new products when they can't build the ones people already rely on.  >:(

Online ali_asadzadeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2022, 07:28:46 am »
The silicon shortage has hit me too, I hope these days pass sooner, asmi if you get any update please share in here too.
ASiDesigner, Stands for Application specific intelligent devices
I'm a Digital Expert from 8-bits to 64-bits

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2022, 02:33:16 am »
They need to focus on producing what they already have.  FPGA companies do not need to be introducing new products when they can't build the ones people already rely on.  >:(

Sure, unfortunately that's largely beyond their control, and meanwhile, designing new products for the future is better than standing still waiting for foundries.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2022, 04:33:00 am »
Sure, unfortunately that's largely beyond their control, and meanwhile, designing new products for the future is better than standing still waiting for foundries.
Another factor is that different product families use different fab processes, so bottleneck on one process doesn't stop proceeding with another one for a different product. And finally these orders are typically locked in a year or more in advance, so even if they were to decide to change their orders now, it will be well over a year until the actual effect of the change will be seen.

Offline gnuarm

• Super Contributor
With the shortage, people tend to focus on the shortages as if no product were being shipped.  The reality is there are literally tons of components being shipped.  The demand is just outpacing supply. 

So, of course the semi companies are not going to sit around, without planning for the future.  They have to keep ahead of the competition and keep up with the technology if they expect to find a rainbow at the end of the storm.
Rick C.  --  Puerto Rico is not a country... It's part of the USA
  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  - Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Offline NorthGuy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2022, 08:02:28 pm »
But the price is kind of insane.

That's why they're in stock!

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2022, 08:21:46 pm »
Yeah, that said I have seen some Lattice FPGAs get back in stock lately. Inflated prices, but not as insane.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf