Author Topic: FS: Altera FPGA - Arria II GX EP2AGX45DF25I5N  (Read 2946 times)

Offline ibmnotibmTopic starter

FS: Altera FPGA - Arria II GX EP2AGX45DF25I5N
« on: November 07, 2015, 12:48:57 pm »
Hi, a year++ ago I posted this same post and sold a few FPGAs here at the forum. I still have many left and since this is such a long time ago I hope it is ok to re-post it for new members:

I'm not familiar with FPGAs, but I got hold off a lot of them (from bankrupt company) which I want to sell.

I have 200+ Altera FPGA - Arria II GX EP2AGX45DF25I5N, see http://www.buyaltera.com/scripts/partsearch.dll?Detail&name=EP2AGX45DF25I5N-ND&GSA_pos=1&WT.oss_r=1&WT.oss=EP2AGX45DF25I5N.

Most are still factory sealed, and I can sell in different quantities if needed. Will ship worldwide.

They retail at 455 USD in batches of 5. Please give me an offer or questions at ibmnotibm (at) gmail.com if you are interested.

Regards!

PS! Are anyone familiar with any other second-hand markets for FPGAs? Google does'nt return much.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
Re: FS: Altera FPGA - Arria II GX EP2AGX45DF25I5N
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 02:39:00 pm »
Are there any hobbyists using 572 pin BGA devices in their designs? I wouldn't want to touch anything other than TQFP.

Offline John_ITIC

• Frequent Contributor
  • ITIC Protocol Analyzers
    • International Test Instruments Corporation
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 06:55:02 pm »
PS! Are anyone familiar with any other second-hand markets for FPGAs? Google does'nt return much.

I think most companies would be quite weary of purchasing such high-end FPGAs without knowing where they came from. The FPGA cost is only a small part of the total cost of the product so I would only dare to purchase from a reputable vendor. I have had one instance where I came across a re-badged FPGA (changed speed grade). Apparently, quite common especially in the Chinese market.
Pocket-Sized USB 2.0 LS/FS/HS Protocol Analyzer Model 1480A with OTG decoding.
Pocket-sized PCI Express 1.1 Protocol Analyzer Model 2500A. 2.5 Gbps with x1, x2 and x4 lane widths.
https://www.internationaltestinstruments.com

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 01:17:13 am »
I'm just starting with EPM240 MAX II CPLD and having fun with Quartus II. I see the Arria II EP2AGX45 devices are the only mid range FPGA's supported with the free web edition. I also see that Quartus 15.1 has recently been released and now renamed as Quartus Prime and the free web edition is now Quartus Prime Lite, also free.

So I guess these Arria II GX are the highest spec FPGA's available with free dev tools. Perhaps there is an extreme hobbyist market for them?  ;)

...I'm just off to download this new version and see if its Altera USB-Blaster driver works with Windows 10. Because my current driver BSOD's and I have to switch over to Linux to play with Quartus II instead.

Offline TiN

• Super Contributor
    • xDevs.com
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 03:33:06 am »
Are there any hobbyists using 572 pin BGA devices in their designs? I wouldn't want to touch anything other than TQFP.

I know one... Not finished on it yet, though, still WIP.

YouTube | Metrology IRC Chat room | Let's share T&M documentation? Upload! No upload limits for firmwares, photos, files.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 06:44:15 am »

I know one... Not finished on it yet, though, still WIP.
Trust you TiN. If there was ever a definition for extreme hobbyist you would fit the bill :-DD

I hope this isn't for project KX because I want to at least have a fighting chance building something like that!  ;)

Online Boscoe

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 09:30:30 am »
I could be interested. How much would you want for five?

Offline ibmnotibmTopic starter

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 08:46:04 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for the comments. I understand these are not the hottest on the market right now :)

Regarding reputation I can say that most of the FPGAs are still factory sealed in the box from Altera. In addition I sold to an extreme hobbyist ( :) ) in here already, and as far as I know he was satisfied.

@Boscoe: sent you a PM

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf