Author Topic: Xilinx VPSS MicroBlaze Example  (Read 522 times)

Offline Mario87

• Regular Contributor
Xilinx VPSS MicroBlaze Example
« on: June 15, 2022, 08:57:08 pm »
Hi all,

I am looking for a Microblaze (or at least some kind of Vitis) example project for the Xilinx Video Processing Sub-System.

Really what I am looking for is something like this video with the sample code...

If you skip to 8:20 in the video you will see that there is a menu which allows you to simply set the output resolution / scaling, that is all I am needing for now.

I have a test pattern generator running as part of the block design and I have implemented the IP cores for VPSS, MicroBlaze, MIG_7 memory controller, etc. Now I just need an example MicroBlaze code to do the above.

Any suggestions?

Offline kmike

• Regular Contributor
Re: Xilinx VPSS MicroBlaze Example
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 10:52:46 am »
Hi,

you can find some example code in the xilinx directories:

C:\Xilinx\Vitis\2020.2\data\embeddedsw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\drivers\vprocss_v2_8\examples

Replace 2020.2 and vprocss_v2_8 with your versions

br,
mike

Offline Mario87

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 08:50:50 pm »
Thanks, but not really much in there that suits from what I can see, however someone on the Xilinx forum pointed me towards the Video Series Blog... https://support.xilinx.com/s/question/0D52E00006hpsS0SAI/xilinx-video-series-and-blog-posts

It looks like "Video Series 29" is closest to what I need. I have downloaded the files but when I try to build the SW project I kept getting errors about missing headers.

I added the "Includes" to the header file sources in the Xilinx Vitis directory, but now when I try and build I keep getting errors like the ones below and I don't know what to do to fix it, any suggestions?

Code: [Select]
../src/app_hdmi.c:111:15: error: 'XPAR_AXI_VDMA_0_BASEADDR' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'XPAR_AXIVDMA_0_BASEADDR'?

../src/app_hdmi.c:260:26: error: 'XPAR_CLK_WIZ_0_BASEADDR' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'XPAR_GPIO_0_BASEADDR'?

../src/app_hdmi.c:451:51: error: 'XPAR_V_TPG_0_DEVICE_ID' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'XPAR_XV_CSC_0_DEVICE_ID'?

../src/app_hdmi.c:459:46: error: 'XPAR_V_TC_0_DEVICE_ID' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'XPAR_XV_CSC_0_DEVICE_ID'?

I just want to get this build working so I can use it as a template to modify and suit my own needs. Any help greatly appreciated!

Offline kmike

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 05:26:21 am »
Are you using the example "hardware" in your project or your own?
Are you using vivado 2019, like in the example?

br,
mike

Offline Mario87

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 08:05:17 pm »
Hi, not I am not using the example HW, however my HW is VERY similar to what is on page 69 of the product guide (link below), as such I thought it would maybe be best to use the example code described in there from page 71 onwards. Only difference is I have an AXI traffic gen connected to the TPG to output a fixed pattern at fixed resolution, so I commented out the code for all the TPG stuff in the example and went to build it but not I keep getting the error "unknown type name Xperiph" and I am not sure why when that's part of the example code that relates to things like the VTC which I do have and I also have connected in the same way as them.

The Vitis side of Xilinx stuff is really not my strong suite, embedded C and all that, especially their implementation of it.

https://www.xilinx.com/content/dam/xilinx/support/documents/ip_documentation/v_proc_ss/v2_3/pg231-v-proc-ss.pdf

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

Advertise on the EEVblog Forum