Electronics > FPGA

Spartan 6 production through 2030

(1/2) > >>

chickenHeadKnob:

Scattered in a few threads across the forum, like the chipageddon  thread are concerns about spartan six availability and Xilinx's commitment to continued production.
Well they now announced:https://community.amd.com/t5/adaptive-computing/amd-extends-spartan-6-product-lifecycle-through-at-least-2030/ba-p/610178 

langwadt:
so I guess ISE will live on even though it was discontinued more than 10 years ago

nctnico:
It would have been better if they backed it with parts being available... On top of that, AMD has not been very reliable where it comes to part availability in the past. I've been burned a couple of times already by using AMD parts which got sold off and became obsolete.

SiliconWizard:
Through *at least* 2030. And I'm not surprised. The 6-series has been very popular and I myself have a number of devices using it to support.
ISE works fine on Win 7, requires a VM in Windows 10+ IIRC? But it works fine also on Linux.

langwadt:

--- Quote from: SiliconWizard on June 01, 2023, 11:14:33 pm ---Through *at least* 2030. And I'm not surprised. The 6-series has been very popular and I myself have a number of devices using it to support.
ISE works fine on Win 7, requires a VM in Windows 10+ IIRC? But it works fine also on Linux.

--- End quote ---

yeh, I think the last windows version comes prepackaged as a vm.

it runs fine on linux or in WSL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version