Electronics > FPGA

SQRL Acorn as an interesting Artix-7 board?

<< < (34/34)

SMB784:
Its not really epoxy, its actually just very viscous thermal paste (it is soluble in isopropanol too).  A slight twisting motion and some patience was enough to get it off for me.  I have done it successfully twice as of today, once on a CLE-215 and once on a CLE-215+ without issue.  No guarantees though.

randomengineer6:

--- Quote from: SMB784 on November 14, 2021, 10:13:34 pm ---Its not really epoxy, its actually just very viscous thermal paste (it is soluble in isopropanol too).  A slight twisting motion and some patience was enough to get it off for me.  I have done it successfully twice as of today, once on a CLE-215 and once on a CLE-215+ without issue.  No guarantees though.

--- End quote ---

Is the CLE-215 just a different speed grade of the XC7A200 and do you know whether its the same RAM chip as the CLE-215+?

SMB784:

--- Quote from: randomengineer6 on November 20, 2021, 08:48:25 pm ---Is the CLE-215 just a different speed grade of the XC7A200 and do you know whether its the same RAM chip as the CLE-215+?

--- End quote ---

Yes the 215-CLE+ is the speed grade 3 variant of the XC7A-200T, and the 215-CLE is the speed grade 2 variant.

To my knowledge, the RAM chips are mt41k512m16ha-125 ait:a in both.

NiHaoMike:

--- Quote from: Teknoman117 on November 14, 2021, 08:45:39 pm ---From you other pictures you posted, I'm curious how you removed the thermal epoxy holding the heatsink down without ruining anything? The stock heatsink+fan is terribly annoying...

--- End quote ---
The fan is easy to remove, then 3D print an adapter to attach a larger, quieter fan. Most likely some sort of centrifugal fan would be the best fit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version