Electronics > FPGA

What to do with those old XC3S1200E chips (o;

<< < (6/6)

james_s:
IIRC what it actually does is load a bitfile into the FPGA that turns it into a programming device for the configuration flash chip. It's been a while since I've worked with Xilinx parts but I do know that you can load the bitstream directly (volatile) or program the flash (nonvolatile) with the same JTAG connection.

SiliconWizard:

--- Quote from: james_s on October 30, 2021, 10:52:08 pm ---IIRC what it actually does is load a bitfile into the FPGA that turns it into a programming device for the configuration flash chip.

--- End quote ---

Yes that's what it does.
And if you want to do it yourself - which is what I did for some project with a Spartan-6 - you're in luck: https://github.com/quartiq/bscan_spi_bitstreams

laugensalm:

--- Quote from: james_s on October 30, 2021, 06:25:47 pm ---You'll need a Xilinx platform USB cable, the Chinese clones work fine.

--- End quote ---

Using xc3sprog or PapilioProg etc., any FT2232 or other supported cable will do and is a bit faster than Impact and the corresponding Diligentware.
If I didn't already migrate to Spartan6 many years ago, those 1200E would be neat for some legacy applications where the Spartan3 just perform fine.

mikeselectricstuff:
They;re all out of stok at Digikey so may be worth reselling

davorin:
Okay...my DLC10 clone arrived finally....works fine in Vivado 2021.2....

Is there a trick to use it also on ISE 14.7? Impact just tells me that no cable was found...
And gave xc3sprog a go...but seems it can only be built for RPi as it wants wiringPi.h.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version