Author Topic: Xilinx Arty US$99 FPGA board. Expert opinions please.  (Read 17348 times)

Offline sundersoft

Re: Xilinx Arty US$99 FPGA board. Expert opinions please.
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2017, 05:55:41 pm »
The FPGA on this board doesn't seem to support 6.6Gb/s GTP according to the datasheets.

The 7 series product selection guide says that the CSG324 package doesn't have any GTP transcievers. The Artix 7 datasheet says that only speed grades 2 and 3 support 6.6Gb/s for GTP.

However, the web page claims that it has four 6.6Gb/s GTP transcievers.

Is there an error on the webpage or is the datasheet wrong?

Offline asmi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2017, 07:06:13 pm »
The FPGA on this board doesn't seem to support 6.6Gb/s GTP according to the datasheets.

The 7 series product selection guide says that the CSG324 package doesn't have any GTP transcievers. The Artix 7 datasheet says that only speed grades 2 and 3 support 6.6Gb/s for GTP.

However, the web page claims that it has four 6.6Gb/s GTP transcievers.

Is there an error on the webpage or is the datasheet wrong?
Where did you find information about GTPs on Arty board? I just searched the store page for the board and didn't find any mentions of transceivers.
They are available in CSG325 package, but not in CSG324.

Offline sundersoft

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2017, 07:59:06 pm »
https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/arty.html#hardware

If you scroll to the bottom of the hardware tab on the page, it mentions GTP tranceivers. I assume it's a mistake on the page.

Offline asmi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2017, 10:39:46 pm »

If you scroll to the bottom of the hardware tab on the page, it mentions GTP tranceivers. I assume it's a mistake on the page.
Yes, I think it's a mistake on their part. There are no mentions of GTPs on Digilent's page.

The following users thanked this post: sundersoft

Offline hamster_nz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2017, 12:22:39 am »

I am 100% sure that they have transcievers on the FPGA die, not sure if they are connected to the package, and enev if they are they are not used on the Arty board.
Gaze not into the abyss, lest you become recognized as an abyss domain expert, and they expect you keep gazing into the damn thing.

Offline asmi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2017, 01:09:34 am »
I am 100% sure that they have transcievers on the FPGA die, not sure if they are connected to the package, and enev if they are they are not used on the Arty board.
Of course they are on die, but in 324 package they are not bonded out, while in 325 package they are. Go figure!

Offline Someone

• Super Contributor
    • send complaints here
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2017, 02:42:36 am »
Parts without transceivers have had both no bonds attached to them, and been laser trimmed out of the power supply network so they don't consume any power. The CSG324 and CSG325 packages trade more IO for transceivers depending on ones needs.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf