Electronics > FPGA

Xilinx XC3S1200 Bitstream - Microblaze pack extraction

(1/3) > >>

Franc:
Hey all!!
I'm from MCU world and beginner in FPGA's. Its really new to me.

I'm doing analysis in one old PCB and stopped in this task - Microblaze (or Picoblaze) firmware.
In embedded WinCE 6.0 of my PCB I can see that App expects some data replies from FPGA XC3S1200 and I think there is some CPU inside the bitstream.

My question is (please), anyone knows how to extract the scripts of Microblaze from this bitstream attached?
Is it possible?

Cheers!!!  :clap:

Bassman59:

--- Quote from: Franc on May 15, 2022, 08:09:30 pm ---My question is (please), anyone knows how to extract the scripts of Microblaze from this bitstream attached?
Is it possible?

--- End quote ---

It is not possible to recover the design from the bitstream.

Foxxz:
There are people who have been working to reverse engineer bitstreams but pulling out the compiled code (I assume thats what you mean from "scripts") its running I couldn't say if thats been done. That compiled code may live on your main CPU, flash, or filesystem somewhere. Its possible the bitstream and the code that runs on the softcore are separate.

But we're assuming the FPGA is running a softcore. You don't need that to communicate to a CPU. It could be using an AXI, serial, or other interface.

kmike:
Hi,

what is this attached file? How did you get it (dumped a flash, or...)?
It does not look like a bitstream or a binary dump from a configuration flash to me (atleast this header "FPGA" is strange).

It is possible to recover the contents of the BRAM from a bitstream, but that would require a valid dump.

Regards,
mike

Franc:
Dear Kmike!

I found this binary in software update pack of my PCB. In the update pack, I can see this file called fpga.bin.
Also I can see one Coldfire next to it, maybe its Coldfire boots the FPGA bitstream?

BRAM, oh interesting, how I can find it? Can I share the software update to you?  :phew:

Cheers!! :-+

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version