Electronics > PCB/EDA/CAD

Can design rules from Altium or Eagle (Eurocircuits) be imported in gEDA pcb?

(1/2) > >>

VinzC:
Hi all.

I'm (still) using gEDA on personal and professional ground and have my PCB fabricated by Eurocircuits.com. So far I like how I manage with both but I'd like to make Eurocircuit rules the default for gEDA. Currently Eurocircuits publishes rules for Altium or Eagle. Needless to say I have neither and I run GNU/Linux (Mint on my laptop and Gentoo at home, for the record).

So my question is: is there a way to import Altium or Eagle design rules into gEDA PCB?

(I'm also considering switching to Kicad but it is not on topic right now.)

Thanks in advance for any hint or suggestion.

ScribblesOnNapkins:
Look at the documentation on vendor file. It includes the design limits in the DRC area.

http://pcb.geda-project.org/pcb-cvs/pcb.html#Vendor-drill-mapping

VinzC:

--- Quote from: ScribblesOnNapkins on April 12, 2016, 12:25:42 am ---Look at the documentation on vendor file. It includes the design limits in the DRC area.

http://pcb.geda-project.org/pcb-cvs/pcb.html#Vendor-drill-mapping

--- End quote ---

Thanks a lot, ScribblesOnNapkins! Can't believe after how long I sought I never came across this article  ??? . That also answers my question with a "No but..." and given how little there is to do, "manually" is a perfectly valid option.

ScribblesOnNapkins:
If you have documentation for vendor files for the other packages that we can legally use to write a conversion utility then I will gladly work on it.

VinzC:

--- Quote from: ScribblesOnNapkins on April 14, 2016, 01:50:02 am ---If you have documentation for vendor files for the other packages that we can legally use to write a conversion utility then I will gladly work on it.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure I follow you, do you have something specific in mind?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version