Author Topic: pcb-rnd 1.2.6  (Read 7396 times)

Offline ScribblesOnNapkinsTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
pcb-rnd 1.2.6
« on: October 13, 2017, 07:55:38 pm »
This release marks an important milestone. First the original layout file (.pcb) format was replaced and now we are starting to replace the original footprint (.fp) format. With the introduction of subcircuits we would like to replace the older element data model that is used for footprints with subcircuits. The subcircuit data model can include more things that the element model can't do.

* Additional flags were added to the subcircuit data model so that it could support terminals and so that those terminals can have clearance in polygons.
* Openscad export has been rewritten from scratch (thanks to a donation from the private company)
* Dxf export has also been rewritten from scratch
* HPGL import (minimal) has been added
* Changes to the HID model

The next release will push the I/O plugins to handle the subcircuit model.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 03:00:34 am by ScribblesOnNapkins »

Offline beduino

• Regular Contributor
Re: pcb-rnd 1.2.6
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 10:12:07 pm »
Hello,
Just recompiled and installed under Fedora Linux your latest pcb-rnd-1.2.6 software and feature I'm looking for is make array of designed pcb (marked  yellow in attached screenshot) just by providing array dimensions (4x3 in attached example edited in gimp) with some spacing in vertical/horizontal direction in current selected length units (lets say 5 for 5mm between boards in gven example).

Is it possible clone some how to array in this improved version of pcb ? Maybe subcircuit, but I'm ne to pcb-rnd while was unaware it exists since was looking for today for pcb array clone python scripts, but was not able find anything usefull, but I need test this board using thermal transfer, so it could be nice have plenty of them on the same A4 PDF page.
I could try edit generated PDF from PS export but it could be nice to be able easy make array of selected circuit copied to buffer, etc  :-/O

Update: Never mind, 4x4 array .

Offline ScribblesOnNapkinsTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 02:59:28 am »
cool let me know if you do need help.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 08:00:29 pm »
This sort of things are typically done at the Gerber level. There are free tools to make panels out of a Gerber file.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf