Products > Computers

(expensive, but) mnt pocket-reform (arm 7" mini-laptop)

(1/10) > >>

DiTBho:

it's here  :o :o :o

DiTBho:
Advertized as "MNT Pocket Reform
A newer, smaller, lighter, more-affordable, seven-inch mini Reform laptop that remains fully open source
A Perfectly Sized, Versatile, On-the-Go Platform

Often on the go? Whether you need to take notes at work or in the classroom, write your novel in a cafe, or journal on the bus, Pocket Reform’s super compact, ortholinear mechanical keyboard has you covered. It’s quite inconvenient to use a full-sized laptop while commuting on a crowded bus or train, yet getting work done on a phone can be nigh impossible. Pocket Reform is a handy in-between device for using your time in transit efficiently without taking up too much space or drawing too much attention.
"

Found on Reddit, full of rumors and comments.
At some point, I will need something to replace my old (2005) Japanese PDA, which is still locked to the Linux Kernel 2.6.24  :o :o :o

djsb:
Is your old PDA a Zaurus? I have an SL-C3100 that I turn on now and then. I'm also keeping an eye on the Pocket-reform.

DiTBho:

--- Quote from: djsb on May 09, 2023, 09:52:13 am ---Is your old PDA a Zaurus? I have an SL-C3100 that I turn on now and then

--- End quote ---

C1000, running Linux k2.6.24 and custom arm5-rootfs.
It's daily used with a usb-to-lan and serial adapter.

One year ago I made a Newton-like PDA, with a custom usb-defio 5" LCD, and a Allwinner Arm mobo.
Well, it's ... "usable", but you need to plug in an external keyboard.

Not a shell design but rather a monoblock design :o :o :o

SiliconWizard:
But does it run ChatGPT?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version