Computing > General Computing

3.5" 1.44MB external USB floppy drive for Windows 10

(1/5) > >>

Gusbert:
I've done some searching for an external USB 3.5" 1.44MB floppy drive which will work with Windows 10, but a lot of the matches (Amazon, Ebay, Google Shopping etc.) are very vague on whether they will work with Windows 10. Do you guys have any recommendations?

edpalmer42:
I didn't realize that there were any issues with floppies and Windows 10.  I use an old IBM floppy from 2002.  Just plug it in and Windows recognizes it.

Now Windows 11 .........  :-//

Gusbert:
OK, but when you read the description for modern USB floppy drives, they almost always say "works with Windows 98/ME/XP/VISTA/7/8" and specifically exclude 10, or say 10 in the description but make no mention in the details. Anybody have a newly purchased drive that works with Windows 10?

Benta:
Completely uncritical. If it works with Win 7 or older, it will work with Win 10.

edpalmer42:
I just went to Newegg and a few of their floppies explicitly mention Windows 10 support while some don't mention anything newer than Windows 7.  Annoying, but at least a few include Windows 10 so that's a possibility.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version