Products > Computers

Automatic brightness control of monitor in windows 10

(1/5) > >>

Simon:
I would like to have the brightness of my monitors change automatically over the day. In the morning the room is lit, by the afternoon the sun shines in, then the sun sets and it's um, rather dark. I cannot possibly have one setting that will deal with all of these. I am either straining to see what is on the screen or getting a headache from a bright monitor for 2/3 of the day.

Laptops have this licked, how do I do the same on a PC? I looked for a program that will use a webcam but apart from a couple of half arsed starts that stalled before becoming a proper program. I looked for an ambient light sensor but you cannot get these.

Surely this is not so hard? Do I actually have to hack the monitors themselves?

DiTBho:

--- Quote from: Simon on September 26, 2021, 07:36:21 pm ---I looked for an ambient light sensor but you cannot get these

--- End quote ---

why cannot you get these?

Simon:

--- Quote from: DiTBho on September 26, 2021, 08:52:28 pm ---
--- Quote from: Simon on September 26, 2021, 07:36:21 pm ---I looked for an ambient light sensor but you cannot get these

--- End quote ---

why cannot you get these?

--- End quote ---

I will never be able to get "these" as they are a non tangible object unlike an ambient light sensor....

TimFox:
He quoted your sentence in which "ambient light sensor" is the antecedent of "these".  Seems clear to me.

Whales:
I can't help with the ambient light sensor part, but I can help with changing desktop monitor brightness from your PC.  I really miss the monitors that had physical brightness wheels on them, OSDs are a pain to toggle through.

DDC/CI is the comms method that some desktop monitors support to change brightness.  I've tried in Linux before, only some of my monitors supported it.

It looks like there are some Windows programs that might help, eg https://github.com/emoacht/Monitorian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version