Products > Computers

Beware 2600X instead of 3600X

(1/1)

olkipukki:
Updated   ::), Overwritten the original message, pardon

It's been a bit adventure and eventually I got a right Ryzen from Amazon

Black Phoenix:
No issue with the package, is the normal:

Buy, exchange the CPU and then return. Not the first time I saw, I was also victim of it some years ago. Amazon normally doesn't check if the item is in conformity with.

olkipukki:
They must be profi if can re-sealed a original box package

That's crazy

Technically, Amazon can easy trace who and where did it

Rick Law:

--- Quote from: olkipukki on August 04, 2019, 11:21:56 am ---They must be profi if can re-sealed a original box package

That's crazy

Technically, Amazon can easy trace who and where did it

--- End quote ---

Vendors have been doing that for years.  When stores in the mall sold Atari (400 and 800) and PC games, I saw them re-wrap the returned stuff with shrink wrapping to reseal the box.

I know stores like Walmart, Home Depot, etc., all require the return stuff in "resalable condition" so they could rewrap and resale it just the same.  It is easy to spot an old and used facet when return as new.  It is a lot harder to spot a CPU as an older one unless they are trained what to look for.  The tiny print-on number on the chip doesn't always correspond to the model number printed on the box/blister-pack.

These days, (from sale staff remarks/comments in the mall) there is a trend around major dates of the year that people buy nice clothing for holiday events then returned it after.  Sign of wear is acceptable since you have to put it on to see if it fits well.  But buying with the intend of wearing it for dinner and returning for money back after dinner is not good.  There is some level of lost of character with some.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version