Products > Computers

Feedback on Win 11?

(1/5) > >>

SiliconWizard:
Just curious, now that Win 11 has been released for a while. Probably a number of you have it installed. If so, would you care to share some feedback? The good, the bad and the ugly?

gmb42:
Medium use on a home machine (i7-8550U laptop), media consumption, browsing, 3d cad modelling and slicing and some simple software development tasks, wsl2, it all works for me.

Sure there's the odd niggle, pointy-clicky file explorer ops are more difficult but as I always have Windows Terminal open with a couple of instances of Pwsh or bash (using wsl2) I don't notice that and the new task bar UI doesn't make much sense to me but I've pinned the applications I use and can just Windows key and type the name of anything unpinned (as I've done over many versions of the OS).

Nothing to get hung up about at all in my opinion, but I'm sure some folks will find a way.

Fred27:
Professional developer. Use it on my home and dev machines without a problem. Like it. The "I hate everything apart from Win 7" crew just like moaning loudly online. It's fine.

MK14:

--- Quote from: Fred27 on May 02, 2022, 07:40:47 am ---Professional developer. Use it on my home and dev machines without a problem. Like it. The "I hate everything apart from Win 7" crew just like moaning loudly online. It's fine.

--- End quote ---

To help (as a yard stick), to get an idea of how you rate things.  How does the Windows 11 experience, compare to the previous Windows 10 experiences. I.e. Better, about the same or worse ?

nctnico:
Is it possible to kill font anti-aliasing (Cleartype in Microsoft speak) entirely on Windows 11?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version