Author Topic: [MOVED] Hacking NVidia Cards into their Professional Counterparts  (Read 1236539 times)

Offline gotofbi

• Contributor
Re: [MOVED] Hacking NVidia Cards into their Professional Counterparts
« Reply #1450 on: April 29, 2020, 10:22:18 am »
09:15:33,055 INFO  Starting FlexNet License Server 2018.09 (build 241024)
09:15:33,057 INFO  Copyright (C) 2013-2018 Flexera Software LLC.
09:15:33,057 INFO  All Rights Reserved.

They are utilizing 3rd party software to manage licenses.
 :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Offline colokarl

• Contributor
« Reply #1451 on: April 29, 2020, 10:30:47 am »
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QiFwYJRxW0UJ:https://forum.exetools.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D18864

I'll do some more research later, link contains some useful info.

@gotofbi : are you sure, there is no online check against nvidias backend ?

...because, unfortunately i think there is
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 11:30:25 am by colokarl »

Offline gotofbi

• Contributor
« Reply #1452 on: April 29, 2020, 12:16:27 pm »
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QiFwYJRxW0UJ:https://forum.exetools.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D18864

I'll do some more research later, link contains some useful info.

@gotofbi : are you sure, there is no online check against nvidias backend ?

...because, unfortunately i think there is

I only checked with nvidia's documentation.
I didnt see any mention that Virtual GPU Software License Server needs to be communicated with nvidia server
Moreover, the diagram doesnt say its communicating with nvidia server

Why do you think theres online check?

Offline mcerveny

• Contributor
« Reply #1453 on: April 29, 2020, 12:40:15 pm »
probably off topic ?

It looks like he is using vGPU with proper license.
His magic script allows user to use consumer graded card to vGPU with legit license.

Yes. License is authorized in guest and not in host (magic script works only in host, not touching anything in guest).
Guest based authorization is not good idea from NVIDIA because there is many problems with licensing server (MAC based locking, 24hour license autorelease, unauthorized access and the first version without https, without any username/password ...). And whole licensing is written by NVIDIA $$$ developers that does not known anything about modern cryptography and security (for example hint -  "replay attack"  :-DD).

Unless someone pirate/cracks the license file, his magic script will not be useful that much (unless get eval license every 90 days with new account :-//)

NVIDIA now working very hard to hack itself for cloud platform "grid gaming drivers"  :palm: - linux gaming driver hack or windows gaming driver hack so try cert is not cert but signed data (but I have no time to emulate basic cloud REST API services).

I didnt see any mention that Virtual GPU Software License Server needs to be communicated with nvidia server

Yes, true. But you must upload license file (license.bin) within 96 hour from download time from licensing portal. The file is locked to first ethernet MAC address. But guest drivers now communicate with NVIDIA (one driver parameter from over 700  :-/O - "RMNvTelemetryCollection") and you must login to NVIDIA to use "Geforce experience"...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 12:48:58 pm by mcerveny »

Offline gotofbi

• Contributor
« Reply #1454 on: April 29, 2020, 12:57:53 pm »
Yes, true. But you must upload license file (license.bin) within 96 hour from download time from licensing portal. The file is locked to first ethernet MAC address. But guest drivers now communicate with NVIDIA (one driver parameter from over 700  :-/O - "RMNvTelemetryCollection") and you must login to NVIDIA to use "Geforce experience"...

So theoretically, if I have license file with knowing generated date and mac address, I should able to install in any VM and continue to use it right?  ::)
I checked guest driver configuration part and it looks like its only communicating with local license server.
I dont really care about "Geforce experience" as long as I can run DX application
However the license server is little overwhelming to reverse engineer it and Ill probably give up and move to MxGPU

Offline colokarl

• Contributor
« Reply #1455 on: April 29, 2020, 02:40:38 pm »
... thanks for clarifying mcerveny and yes, its offtopic.

To get back on topic:

I soon will flash the k2 bios to the modded k10s.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jp824XrO6fn1bPTCbrFjUEVBtxTptB1Z

I guess the 2014 Version is preferable for this or is there any reason i should go for the 2013 Version ?

@mcerveny: one last lic question:

Since its pretty easy to change the MAC Adress of eth0, have you tried using the same lic File on another Subnet, would that be worth a try ?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 04:48:20 pm by colokarl »

Offline friskydingo

« Reply #1456 on: May 06, 2020, 09:46:57 pm »
I'm trying to mod a Quadro K1000M to a Geforce GT 630M. I have it reporting as a 630M under device manager and GPU-Z but its still showing as a K1000M because the device id hasn't changed.Are there resistors on the K1000M that I can modify or can I change the id in the bios?

Offline gotofbi

• Contributor
« Reply #1457 on: May 09, 2020, 07:15:10 am »
off topic,
With hint and help of mcerveny, I made it work on KVM.
I dont have magic script and its all accomplished with binary patch so I cant release.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf