Products > Computers

[MOVED] Hacking NVidia Cards into their Professional Counterparts

<< < (317/318) > >>

gotofbi:

--- Quote from: DualCoder on March 19, 2021, 07:47:47 pm ---
--- Quote from: krutav on March 17, 2021, 01:05:59 am ---Based on my testing, the internal timer to license requirement starts at 20 minutes of guest VM Nvidia driver running. If you can mask that, you get the features forever. But that is harder to do.

--- End quote ---

The guest's driver? On a Windows guest? Then here is a crazy idea: Attach CheatEngine to the driver, enable speedhack, speed = 0, done. I have no idea if that could work, it will probably cause other problem though.

--- End quote ---

Quick tip for anyone whos fighting on the license.

1. Forget about FlexNet. Its not that easy to crack after all

2. When Guest(Windows) enters limited performance mode (after 20min), try to disable the vGPU device in Device Manager and start again.
This will reset 20min timer and gives you big hint that where the 20min gets calculated.
I tested this on vGPU 10.2 driver so not sure about latest vGPU 11 though

gotofbi:

--- Quote from: keggerbra on May 27, 2021, 07:46:04 am ---This sounds like an amazing project you guys are working on. Has anyone here considered trying to flash or convert an AMD FirePro S9150 series card? I have a few available and would be willing to dedicate them to the effort if anyone is interested.

--- End quote ---

I dont think you can make S9150 SR-IOV compatible.

After all, S7150 has special bios for SR-IOV that other card does not have.

My suggestion will be get W7100, put bigger BIOS chip, flash S7150 bios, override PCI-ID in guest OS to allow AMD gpu driver to be installed.

Detailed info can be found here:
https://forum.level1techs.com/t/how-to-sr-iov-mod-the-w7100-gpu/164186

krutav:

--- Quote ---Quick tip for anyone whos fighting on the license.

1. Forget about FlexNet. Its not that easy to crack after all
--- End quote ---

So me and some other folks running the vGPU_Unlock Discord server and Wiki have figured out how to bypass the license entirely with "x-pci" QEMU argument. I won't go into details for obvious reasons, but this completely throws away license requirements. Of course, if you want to use vGPU I highly recommend paying Nvidia for it, but yes there is a workaround. I may have posted the Discord link here, though if it isn't there, send me a message.

--- Quote ---My suggestion will be get W7100, put bigger BIOS chip, flash S7150 bios, override PCI-ID in guest OS to allow AMD gpu driver to be installed.
--- End quote ---

If you have a bunch of S9150s lying around, what's the point of spending more money? The MxGPU technology on S7150 is not very advanced and Nvidia vGPU is better than it in many ways. My recommendation for Adam is to use them in standard passthrough mode, that way the cards don't go to waste. With 8 of those GPUs, I don't think GPU mediation is necessary anyways. These S9150s aren't very new, nor that great, but they can be used in a remote gaming or workstation setup I suppose.

Perhaps the best use of those cards is Folding At Home, where you can give unused compute power to help with scientific calculations that can benefit society.

BLEACH:
Has anyone attempted this on the new 30 series cards ive found the resistors by the bios chip ive unlocked the mismatch id by changing it in the bios but keep getting caught by the certification on nv flash im trying to change device id from 2216 to 2206 with the resistors ?

BLEACH:
im going to attempt this on a newer 3080 but i noticed in nvflash the eprom always keeps the same id number and ive noticed nividia marks them with different paint so i need to know if anyone has a 3080 450-480 watt model 2206 bios and if they can get me the number nividia use on that exact vbios chip in it i will be replacing it as a second bios replacing the switch and trying different resistors to see if i cange 2216 to 2206 thank you in advance !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version