Products > Computers

(solved) I think I do need a geometry program ...

<< < (4/4)

DiTBho:
... talking about puppets, I really like how they animated the ghost-dog in the Ghostbuster Legacy movie; there are a lof of electromeccanical components and micro robotic parts inside that dog, which ultimately weighs around ~250 kg  :o :o :o

Well, I have a friend who models latex and she also knows how to paint on it, maybe we can even make the upper half-back of small latex puppet, and animate it with some RC-servo and nylon cables, paired with ad-hoc 3D-printed meccanisms.

Nominal Animal:

--- Quote from: DiTBho on September 22, 2023, 02:49:06 pm ---I need a program that allows me to build a parallelogram, fix a point on one side, move the upper side of the parallelogram while keeping the lower side still and study the trajectory described by the reference point
--- End quote ---
I use Lego Technic to find out what I need to know, and sketch some images on pen and paper to find out how I want to experiment with that, and finally write an interactive simulation (using HTML+JS or Python3+Qt5).

I always fear that if I stick to a single tool, my solution space will be limited to that of the tool.  Then again, I am slow, taking much more time than "normal people" to develop things (the first time I encounter a problem or need).  So maybe don't listen to me on this?  ;D

DiTBho:

--- Quote from: Nominal Animal on September 25, 2023, 06:47:40 am ---Lego Technic

--- End quote ---

I pre-ordered a kit with different parts, gears, axles, electric motors and compressed air pistons!
It will arrive in November

I hadn't thought of it, but it's a brilliant idea!  :D :D :D

janoc:
If your goal is to design some sort of linkage/mechanism, you likely want to have a look at this sw:

https://blog.rectorsquid.com/linkage-mechanism-designer-and-simulator/

Of course, any decent CAD software (e.g. Onshape, Fusion360, etc) can do that too but the complexity and learning curve is likely much higher.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version