Author Topic: Internet Issues  (Read 2582 times)

Offline simon christoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Internet Issues
« on: April 18, 2020, 02:51:22 am »
Hi there! I have a absoutly lousy Internet Connection on my PC.My PC and Phone uses the same Internet Provider, and my Mobile Phone
has absolutely no troubles at all with the Internet Service.The PC comes up with the message 'SECURED CONNECTION-NO DATA' - when
it drops out - what does this mean? Im using a 4G to Wi-Fi Router and have reset it on many occasions on the actual switch on the device
and it still haven't resolved this issue.I hear theres VPN and BRIDGE configurations, I only want to use my router, one computer at a time,
is there a setting that would make my service more reliable?

On a different topic, because I find my Mobile Phone more realiable, I tend to use it for Internet more often than the PC.I've noticed that
when Im dealing with a selling site, I tap the icon saying 'See Postage Details', and it directs the screen to a totally irelavent site.What
causes this?
Thanks Simon.

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
Re: Internet Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 10:59:41 am »
Few potential culprits.

The cellular gateway might just not be getting all that great of a signal, especially if it's low down in a house and on a table or the floor. Might want to try moving it higher up.

The wlan end of the gateway might be a load of old shit, cheap 802.11 solutions often are, sometimes if it's old and cheap it'll get grumpy.

I know what a VPN is, it won't help you here, exactly what BRIDGE is I can only guess, but it's not going to save you either. You might also check the wlan card in the PC in question, if it doesn't have an antenna (full size card), the antenna has fallen off (mini PCI/PCIe card), or it's just not very good (either), those could also be culprits.

Also check your service plan, home internet via cellular is quite uncommon for a good reason, that shit's expensive, and they love to cut you off and throttle you, if you're hitting a data cap this might be why.
I forget who I am sometimes, but then I remember that it's probably not worth remembering.
EEVBlog IRC Admin - Join us on irc.austnet.org #eevblog

Offline senso

• Frequent Contributor
    • My AVR tutorials
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 01:49:50 pm »
Reset your wifi card IP and DNS settings, then open a admin command line and type this:

netsh winsock reset
ipconfig /flushdns

Then reboot and see if it works.

Offline fordem

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 03:00:19 am »
You have not given us enough detail to diagnose your issue with any degree of accuracy.

Your PC and phone use the same provider, and your PC is connected via a 4G to WiFi router, this does not tell us (a) how your PC is connected to the router, we can assume it's WiFi, but making assumptions is not a good idea when trying to diagnose a fault.

We also don't know how your phone is connected when you're at home, and let me say at this point, if you're not comparing the phone internet to the home internet with the phone at home, then you're not comparing apples-to-apples.  The only time my phone is connected to the internet using mobile data is when I'm on the road, if I'm at work or at home, it's connected to the internet via WiFi which in turn connects via GPON fiber.

So - let's start by getting the details right and make sure you're comparing apples to apples - if your PC connects to the router using WiFi you'll need to ensure that the WiFi connection is good and has a strong signal before proceeding with further testing.

Personally I avoid WiFi unless there is a need for mobility - I'm typing this in my bedroom on a laptop over a less than perfect WiFi connection, but my desktop downstairs has a gigabit wired connection to my router.

Offline gamalot

• Super Contributor
  • Correct my English
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2021, 10:39:12 am »
The same thing happened to me here last night. My iPhone was working fine, but my 5G home broadband has become very slow and unstable. They are all from the same Internet service provider - Optus.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf