Author Topic: ipad air not charging  (Read 1396 times)

Offline nvidiaTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
ipad air not charging
« on: May 28, 2021, 03:50:36 am »
so my cousin came to visit and gave me her phone 6s plus and ipad air

they had no chargers or cables but used the 3rd party cable and my phone charger i used with my ipad mini 2 and it charges that fine

the iphone charges and works fine

but the ipad air when plugged in just turns on boots up says next to the battery symbol not charging for maybe up to 10seconds then goes away

what can i do 

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
Re: ipad air not charging
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 05:23:56 pm »
Some 3rd party wires wont charge the ipad, you have to get a genuine one  or ones that are certified to work ... some of my girlfriend cables did not work between some or her ipad and cell phones,  had to pay premium for original cables   and it worked  ???

my 2 cents

If you can find some friends with genuine adapters to do a test, to see if the ipad want to be charged,    unless there is some problems elsewhere ?

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
Re: ipad air not charging
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 08:11:13 pm »
so my cousin came to visit and gave me her phone 6s plus and ipad air

they had no chargers or cables but used the 3rd party cable and my phone charger i used with my ipad mini 2 and it charges that fine

the iphone charges and works fine

but the ipad air when plugged in just turns on boots up says next to the battery symbol not charging for maybe up to 10seconds then goes away

what can i do
What chargers are you using? An iPad Air needs a 10 or 12W charger. A 5W charger does not provide enough power to charge it and operate the screen at the same time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf