Products > Computers

laptop with the longest battery life?

<< < (7/7)

brucehoult:

--- Quote from: DiTBho on February 17, 2022, 05:09:01 pm ---
--- Quote from: brucehoult on February 05, 2022, 02:18:02 am ---
--- Quote from: DiTBho on February 04, 2022, 04:17:40 pm ---I sold my Lenovo Carbon Gen5 and got a low spec Apple M1 laptop.

--- End quote ---

Do let us know how it goes.

--- End quote ---

After some weeks, I can say the M1 Laptop is the perfect choice for me, and I am very happy with it.

--- End quote ---

Great! Glad to hear it. The worst would be to spend that money and then not like it, or find it can't do the job.

How is the battery life in your actual usage pattern?

free_electron:
LG Gram ... light, huge screen , almost all battery and lots of room inside to upgrade it !

DiTBho:

--- Quote from: brucehoult on February 17, 2022, 09:21:36 pm ---How is the battery life in your actual usage pattern?

--- End quote ---

I have been programming a weird X11-motif-v2.0 stuff for some days on a remote machine connected to the M1 with the laptop in sleep mode when not in use thanks to the utility "Screen" that makes it possible to resume sessions. The uptime says 22 hours of connection have passed, but I have actually actively used the laptop ~4 hours a day.

I've never seen a video, played any MP3s, browsed anything, just used the shell + x11, and the battery says it's 11% at the moment.

This is not the final working scenario, it's just a test to understand how much is longest battery life for what I am going to do the next month  :D

DiTBho:
There is a feature that I seriously envy: sway!, an i3-compatible Wayland window manager that literally flies on the hardware. My colleague is running it on his GNU/Linux laptop, while my workflow is on the top of MacOS.

But it's just a minor detail =)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version