Products > Computers

laptop with the longest battery life?

(1/7) > >>

DiTBho:
hi
I need something that can run for up to 18-20 hours without battery charge.

Basically I need a x11 / VNC GNU / Linux wireless terminal, with the ability to randomly use a wired connection.
A 12 "LCD would be perfect, I need to travel, 14" is the most I can take with me, the touchscreen would be a bonus.

I also need to write documents, but I don't need OpenOffice or similar, I can write documents in FocusWriter.

Hence, low CPU power and no GPU needed. No multimedia needs.

What would you suggest? ARM, Intel (Celeron? 10n), MIPS ... I have no problem with that.

I have already bought a couple of laptops, good for my colleagues, but the battery only allows 6 hours.

Bicurico:
You forgot to mention your budget.

An Apple laptop might fit your criteria, but may be much more expensive that you would want to spend.

DiTBho:

--- Quote from: Bicurico on January 25, 2022, 07:02:20 pm ---You forgot to mention your budget.

--- End quote ---

At the moment, only 500 Euro.

--- Quote from: Bicurico on January 25, 2022, 07:02:20 pm ---An Apple laptop might fit your criteria, but may be much more expensive that you would want to spend.

--- End quote ---

M1? The M1 Air is about 800-900 Euro. Isn't there anything else?

Bud:
I would not rely just on the laptop battery though.... It may discharge faster depending on the active/ background tasks.

DiTBho:

--- Quote from: Bud on January 25, 2022, 07:42:44 pm ---I would not rely just on the laptop battery though.... It may discharge faster depending on the active/ background tasks.

--- End quote ---

Told what tasks are: x11, vnc, ssh terminal, randomly FocusWriter. Nothing else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version