Author Topic: Looking to buy a new monitor, some opinions would be appreciated  (Read 9445 times)

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
Re: Looking to buy a new monitor, some opinions would be appreciated
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2019, 07:33:24 am »
4 pages just to know technicalities how to buy a monitor... can we be twice more productive when working with 120fps vs 60fps monitor? or twice the time spent to play games or watching movies all our entire life? people sent rocket to the moon when monitor was like maybe 15-30fps.. my recent Acer VG270 is not so stellar after several samsung monitors damage. but albeit its 1920x1080 60-75fps limited, at least i know its colors are consistent to the eye on almost all angles of view, and i know its color correct since i have ColorVision SpyderPRO to calibrate it. why i bought it? because its the only best option at affordable price available at my favorite local shop, no special reason specific to its technical specification, so long it can do what a normal monitor today can do. and i think after this i will look after Acer brand since i have much older Acer LCD thats still working albeit its degraded backlight power currently in the office, bought cheaper before few of my damaged Samsung LCD/LED monitors. if you people really obsessed with buying high technical spec monitor, go buy monitor calibrator as well such as from DataColor (ColorVision SpyderPRO) or Gretag Macbeth if you have thick pocket, so you'll know you are not looking at factory fabricated colors nor played up by placebo effect on your high money shiny monitors when watching games or movies, and esp on editing and printing colors imageries like i am... fwiw..

To each and their own, for some people a small car is enough, for others a Ferrari is better. Why a Macbook if a Windows PC is more powerful and cost less? Some people like the ecosystem, some people like the design.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2019, 07:51:55 am »
For me it was about where to compromise and where to let go on the $ to get the performance mix I wanted. The Gigabyte I picked is more like a Subaru WRX  ;)

1080P was never going to cut it for my graphical workload (it has been a PITA for a long while for me) and 4K came with to many compromises due to the budget I was allowing myself so 1440P was the pixel count. Size mine sits behind my workbench so 32" 16:9 was absolute max and in the end I went 27" to get the other specs I wanted.

Been using my former Samsung bench monitor on the Laser today and it is really horrid after the last few days on the new one.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2019, 08:15:24 am »
For me it was about where to compromise and where to let go on the $ to get the performance mix I wanted. The Gigabyte I picked is more like a Subaru WRX  ;)

1080P was never going to cut it for my graphical workload (it has been a PITA for a long while for me) and 4K came with to many compromises due to the budget I was allowing myself so 1440P was the pixel count. Size mine sits behind my workbench so 32" 16:9 was absolute max and in the end I went 27" to get the other specs I wanted.

Been using my former Samsung bench monitor on the Laser today and it is really horrid after the last few days on the new one.

Yes I must say that fits that part of your bench that was too empty. That hole you show some posts before

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf