Products > Computers

magnetic USB cables; any standards on them?

(1/1)

linux-works:
if you look at the usual shopping sites and search for magnetic usb cable, you'll find lots out there, some are concentric (charge-only) and some are pins, some are a kind of plug/socket thing.

are there any standards on these, yet?  the concentric ones, hopefully, are center=positive, ring=gnd (I have not checked).  the multi-pin ones, are they standardized yet?

the shopping sites give little clue.

it does not make sense to buy into this (imho) until its standard.  I don't want to mix brands and then have problems when cable-A tries to connect to mag-dongle-B that's inserted into the usb-c port of my phone.

anyone have any info on this subject?

they idea is really good; I'm just wondering if/when they will be standard.

all_repair:
My experience with the row-pin type is no good.  They oxidized fast, and contact become poor fast.

BravoV:

--- Quote from: all_repair on October 12, 2019, 12:34:05 am ---My experience with the row-pin type is no good.  They oxidized fast, and contact become poor fast.

--- End quote ---

+1 , same here.

I noticed as we oftenly slapped both sides quite hard as the magnet is quite strong, in long run its sort of chipped off the nickel/chrome plating, and the exposed metal (iron/steel ?) is starting to rust.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version