Author Topic: Mouse drivers  (Read 4070 times)

Offline SpecmasterTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Mouse drivers
« on: June 01, 2019, 11:17:13 pm »
Today I purchased a new ergonomic mouse because my old one was eating batteries like there's no tomorrow. The new mouse is a corded optical one with dark technology sensor and works just fine apart from one thing, it has the usual forward / back buttons on the left of the mouse but most mice have these mounted either at the top or bottom of the left side. This one however has them mounted approximately 1/3 down from the top for back and 1/3 up from bottom for forward. The natural place for my thumb is in-between them, fair enough except that there is not sufficient space for a manly thumb.

My question is, does anyone know of a mouse driver that I could download for Win10 64bit where I can select what each button does, or even disable them altogether? as my thumb is always operating one or both of these buttons  :palm:
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
Re: Mouse drivers
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 07:14:46 am »
No make and model number?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 09:01:50 am »
It is a Delux 618BU and I have been on their website and tried to download the manual and driver for itm but the manual/instructions do not seem to download and driver is the wrong one.

The website is www.deluxworld.com and the mouse is here http://www.deluxworld.com/en/product/rgzn/czsb/64.html
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline magic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 01:08:09 pm »
I don't even use Windows but this was the first google hit:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4052294/accessories-how-do-i-reassign-mouse-buttons

Of course I wouldn't be willing to give up those buttons so I would rather return it and convert the old one to corded ;)

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 02:09:18 pm »
I found this:

http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

I don't find anything in there that will adjust the dpi for the dpi buttons.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Online Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 02:29:33 pm »
+1 for

Runs on Windows XP => 10.  Lets you remap mouse buttons (and the wheel) on a per-application basis, including fancy stuff like sending key sequence macros, and using a button as a 'shift' to change the action of other buttons.

The O.P's requirement can easily be handled by mapping one of the extra buttons to disabled so it can be the thumb resting position, and the other to shift  left and right to be forward and back, if its desired to retain the forward/back functionality.  However I find browser forward/back mouse buttons are a badly thought out idea that make it far too easy to accidentally leave a page that doesn't preserve state, e.g. loosing your playback position in a video, or the contents of many partially filled forms.

I *ALWAYS* buy five button mice as XMouse Button Control's and customisation and macros vastly reduces the amount of keyboarding I need to do in many applications.  I *NEVER* use a 5 button mouse without XMouse Button Control.  If you forced me to, I think I'd resort to superglue!

IIRC DPI changing by button is usually handled in hardware or via a manufacturer's custom driver so doesn't get seen by the OS as a button press so if you need to intercept that button and the manufacturer hasn't given you that option, you are S.O.L short of hardware hackery.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 04:19:47 pm »
I don't even use Windows but this was the first google hit:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4052294/accessories-how-do-i-reassign-mouse-buttons

Of course I wouldn't be willing to give up those buttons so I would rather return it and convert the old one to corded ;)
Thanks for your input however, the only mice that are supported by the instructions are Microsoft models that may be customised and unless the actual mouse is recognised by the software, no access to controls are provided.

Also isn't the most logical way to modify a cordless mouse that works well with new batteries but rapidly becomes erratic as the batteries voltage drops, would be to retain the cordless control but add in a USB cord to power the mouse if the voltage can adjusted to suit then mouse is always working at peak efficiency?
Who let Murphy in?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 04:42:46 pm »
I found this:

I don't find anything in there that will adjust the dpi for the dpi buttons.
Thanks for this, it looks rather promising, I've tried this and does indeed do the job so I now need to experiment as to which button/s to deactivate.
Who let Murphy in?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2019, 04:45:30 pm »
+1 for

Runs on Windows XP => 10.  Lets you remap mouse buttons (and the wheel) on a per-application basis, including fancy stuff like sending key sequence macros, and using a button as a 'shift' to change the action of other buttons.

The O.P's requirement can easily be handled by mapping one of the extra buttons to disabled so it can be the thumb resting position, and the other to shift  left and right to be forward and back, if its desired to retain the forward/back functionality.  However I find browser forward/back mouse buttons are a badly thought out idea that make it far too easy to accidentally leave a page that doesn't preserve state, e.g. loosing your playback position in a video, or the contents of many partially filled forms.

I *ALWAYS* buy five button mice as XMouse Button Control's and customisation and macros vastly reduces the amount of keyboarding I need to do in many applications.  I *NEVER* use a 5 button mouse without XMouse Button Control.  If you forced me to, I think I'd resort to superglue!

IIRC DPI changing by button is usually handled in hardware or via a manufacturer's custom driver so doesn't get seen by the OS as a button press so if you need to intercept that button and the manufacturer hasn't given you that option, you are S.O.L short of hardware hackery.
I've downloaded the program and now I'm experimenting with it but first thoughts are that it does the job but I have to decide which button(s) I deactivate and which I reassign, many thanks .
Who let Murphy in?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2019, 06:13:49 pm »
Update on the mouse control program, I have tried it with the top thumb button disabled and tried it, nah, didn't work too great, so I then tried with the bottom thumb disabled, nah, the same result. The buttons are to close to the position where the thumb wants to rest naturally and indeed the mouse is shaped that way so thumb is steered into that position and it just takes a slight touch and all of your work etc has gone  :palm:

Now trying it with both buttons disabled and that does seem to be far superior but it does mean the added convenience has been lost of the extra buttons but is a much more relaxed and natural way of holding the mouse as the wrist is not twisted so less chance of getting RSI which I was getting with a normal mouse. Thanks everyone for you input and assistance. :-+ :-+
Who let Murphy in?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf