Author Topic: MIPS jtag: Bus Blaster v3c or v4?  (Read 369 times)

Offline DiTBhoTopic starter

• Super Contributor
MIPS jtag: Bus Blaster v3c or v4?
« on: May 01, 2023, 01:10:43 pm »
So, yesterday I bough a NOS MIPS32 YK board, it's a kind of cheap Atlas clone, without gadgets (HEX LCD, ps/2, VGA, fpga-timers ... ) but comes with a EJTAG connector.

Basically it's
- CPU (1 CPU, 1 core @ { 12.5, 25, 50, 100 } Mhz)
- programmable clock-PLL { 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x } clock
- soldered dram (16Mbyte)
- soldered flash (512Kbyte)
- Ethernet chip (CS8900)
- USB (NEC EHCI)
- EJTAG

I don't want to use my super-professional EJTAG ICE, because the tiny board is for hobby purpose, while the ICE?pro is ... for when I have to assist my clients (and I have already applied the sticker the sticker "pro" on the ICE plastics to appear more "pro"-fessional  ;D ) ...

so, I am looking for a cheap debugger and found the, Bus Blaster-V3c for MIPS kit.

It's supported by several software, including OpenOCD: good!

SeeedStudio reports it as out of stock, but still available on Aliexpress (40..50 Euro), as well as the v4 (40..50 Euro): and here my doubt ... should I buy the v3c or the v4? Same connector, both EJTAG, and the price is similar.

umm the v4 seems to have a physically bigger CPLD with more I/O exported to the PCB, and probably more LE resources, even if it's used as "voltage-level" buffer.

Mumble :-//
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf