Products > Computers

MS gives to GNOME

<< < (7/7)

bd139:
Crikey. That’s an acid trip and a half.

DiTBho:

--- Quote from: bd139 on June 29, 2022, 08:32:16 pm ---Crikey. That’s an acid trip and a half.

--- End quote ---

Yup. New designs are dwm-based, tiling windows oriented, completely different, and graphically simpler.
Plus, 100% written (or rewritten) in C.

Hacking e16 is not funny after a while :o :o :o

bd139:
It was horrible 20 years ago.

Actually I think Enlightenment was what persuaded me to buy that blue G3 powermac back in the day  :-DD

Edit: ah fuck bad flashback. Spent bloody ages trying to get a working Debian and Enlightenment setup. Had a beige setup from hell. Compaq Professional Workstation 5000. Early SMP dual Pentium Pro box. Literally I got sooooo fed up with it I stacked up my credit card with the mac and never regretted it for a moment. PWS 5000 was relegated to NT duties.

DiTBho:
Nah, Enlightenment is still in alpha-stage, and you have to hack it a lot, otherwise ... I think you won't be happy with it  :o

Really I lost the enthusiasm with e16, and instead of hacking it, I prefer to write my own windows manager, based on a simpler dwm-fork.

I am focused on minimalist and simpler designs, since I cannot guaranty graphical coherency, and I'm not an expert (rather incoherent, hence very bad) in human interface design.

SiliconWizard:
It's not that bad. I've seen worse.
 ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version