Author Topic: how to run android games completely off sd card  (Read 979 times)

Offline nvidiaTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
how to run android games completely off sd card
« on: February 16, 2020, 10:46:36 am »
the phone i got cheap for $10nzd on clearance to use just to play some android games it has ok specs and can run a lot of games but the problem is the phone only has 4gb of storage and the android os takes up most of that space and i can maybe install one or two games but most games are too big and i can't install them

is there a way to install the game apk file completely to the sd card not the built in phone storage

Offline NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
Re: how to run android games completely off sd card
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 05:03:05 pm »
See if there's a XDA community for your phone. Generally speaking, however, developers nowadays tend to not have much interest in $10 specials and would rather spend their time on $50 and up devices. (The $20 and under phones were once popular for altcoin mining as well as for use by young kids.)
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 11:47:18 pm »
It depends on the phone and version of Android you're running but it is possible to do it through the settings. You should see a "Move to SD Card" in the application settings if it's supported.

Offline nvidiaTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 08:56:59 am »
It depends on the phone and version of Android you're running but it is possible to do it through the settings. You should see a "Move to SD Card" in the application settings if it's supported.

thanks i did not know that i  just tried it with 1 game that is install but it did not copy the whole game

Offline JamesPatterson

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 08:21:14 am »
And there isn't any other way except for this Move to SD card option? Cause I tried with 2 games and nothing.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 08:32:01 am »
In case anyone has a fix subbing :)

I run a Galaxy Tab A tablet (8Gb) on one of my drones and it is a PITA to cram the flight software onto let alone much else in the onboard memory. The DJI software which is the single memory hog at 380Mb can't be installed onto an SDcard let alone moved. When it comes time to upgrade I have to clean up any Cache and keep it almost clean apart from that.

Non removable Droid Bloatware remains the biggest PITA but stripping back and  'uninstalling' updates and preventing updates helps a lot. Samsung Music for example drops from over 80Mb back under 2Mb so go over your non essential apps. and dump them.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf