Products > Computers

Need help identifying 2 chips in SSDs.

(1/1)

Logan:
Hi guys, I want to know several SSD's flash type(MLC/TLC,etc). People say if I cannot get the answer by searching the model number, then the only way is to check the flash chip model number. But there are still two M.2 SSDs that I cannot find anything even with the marking on the chip. Here's the photos:

The first one is the flash chip in an ADATA SSD, the second one is the ONLY chip inside an Samsung SSD(seems it contains the controller?)
If anyone have any ideas about these chips, please share, thanks!

MrMobodies:
Can you show a picture of the full pcb and the back?

Are there any serial numbers on the pcb and back?

I brought a few sata drives with a Wave controller 256gb RHDSSD-4F-BGAF that I still have with these unbranded ssd chips. It had a numbers on them, I can't find the websites now but they found that they were Samsung high performance flash that simply had the logo and stuff removed and I was told it was when they don't meet the tollerances so they get sent back to the factory or contractor have the writing removed and are reused/recycled in other stuff.

Logan:

--- Quote from: MrMobodies on June 13, 2021, 07:03:49 pm ---Can you show a picture of the full pcb and the back?

Are there any serial numbers on the pcb and back?

I brought a few sata drives with a Wave controller 256gb RHDSSD-4F-BGAF that I still have with these unbranded ssd chips. It had a numbers on them, I can't find the websites now but they found that they were Samsung high performance flash that simply had the logo and stuff removed and I was told it was when they don't meet the tollerances so they get sent back to the factory or contractor have the writing removed and are reused/recycled in other stuff.

--- End quote ---
Sorry I only have those two photos right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version