Products > Computers

offline radio tuner app

(1/1)

m3vuv:
Hi all,im looking for an fm radio app for android,i have a galaxy s5 running android 6.0.1
all the ones i can find seem to all use a data conection,im after an offline one,tia

Bassman59:

--- Quote from: m3vuv on October 23, 2021, 01:47:35 am ---Hi all,im looking for an fm radio app for android,i have a galaxy s5 running android 6.0.1
all the ones i can find seem to all use a data conection,im after an offline one,tia

--- End quote ---

FM radio broadcasts are pretty much the definition of "real time streaming," so there's no way to listen to a broadcast off-line.

Now there are radio stations which maintain an archive of their shows -- how far back those archives go depends on the radio station -- and the stations that do maintain such archives should have a page on their web sites which allow access to them. Whether they allow downloading or just streaming from the archive is also up to the individual station.

For example, here is the great radio station WFMU (Jersey City, NJ) archive page.

james_s:
Does the Galaxy S5 have a built in FM tuner? If not then you obviously won't be able to listen to FM broadcasts without using data.

newbrain:

--- Quote from: james_s on October 26, 2021, 06:04:04 am ---Does the Galaxy S5 have a built in FM tuner?

--- End quote ---
It does not, the last one was the S3.
So, to the OP: No, what you're asking cannot be done.

NiHaoMike:

--- Quote from: newbrain on November 01, 2021, 08:05:52 am ---It does not, the last one was the S3.
So, to the OP: No, what you're asking cannot be done.

--- End quote ---
Can always add a RTL-SDR if USB OTG is supported.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version