Author Topic: problem video card board pc  (Read 1459 times)

Offline tiago1986Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • !
problem video card board pc
« on: March 27, 2022, 10:34:36 am »
I have an R7 360 video card and it only works sometimes it doesn't output HDMI video to the monitor without a signal, I used the product cleans the electrical contact on the card's contacts and on the motherboard slot and the problem persists it only works sometimes it works randomly

i use good power supply Corsair CV450

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: problem video card board pc
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 11:37:56 am »
did you buy used? i have Radeon RX580 bought used that afaik was used as a mining slave in China, that exhibits the same problem. it has 2x HDMI, 2x DP, 1x DVI output... sometime some of HDMI and DP dont output any signal, sometime they only show display when entering Windows (hi resolution hi color display) but blank during boot time (lo resolution mode), reading the net sometime its monitor problem, ie auto detect between HDMI/VGA may missed, so recommended to use manual HDMI mode. i tried set monitor to manual mode, but in my case, problem still the same. so the workaround now, i use the DVI output with DVI to HDMI adapter, to my monitor's HDMI input, which is so far stable on both boot/bios and in Windows mode. ymmv.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 06:01:44 pm »
my monitor is an LG 19M37AA and it does not have HDMI I use this converter but the problem is not in the converter because I used it several times with this converter and I used two converters from different brands

the video card board is new, my motherboard is ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0

conversor HDMI/VGA i used

« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 06:03:15 pm by tiago1986 »

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 10:38:51 pm »
you may try to get DVI-VGA or/and DP-VGA to see whats works... last time i bought the whole plethora of DVI/DP/HDMI/VGA to VGA/HDMI adapters just to solve some card-monitor problem... just be careful because there are many type of DVI, you need to find the one that fits your cards DVI output. iirc its DVI-D type or DVI (25 pins) type. my DVI-VGA adapters, i bought 2 types, both do not fit my RX580's DVI output. the fact that you bought it new make me wonder maybe my problem has nothing to do with its previous mining torture? maybe the problem is typical for radeon/amd card regardless of new or old? :-//

some people also suggest motherboard compatibility issue or need to update bios.. https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/xfx-r7-360-no-signal-after-install.220688/
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2022, 01:31:51 am »
Why VGA/DVI adapter works but VGA/HDMI has problems? I have never used VGA/DVI adapter

Offline bw2341

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2022, 01:33:46 am »
Are you sure that you need your HDMI to VGA adapter?

The R7 360 is old enough that it might have a DVI-I output. If so, all you need is a DVI to VGA cable or a DVI to VGA adapter. My really old ATI graphics card had a DVI to VGA adapter in the box.

https://www.amazon.de/Amazon-Basics-DVI-I-VGA-cable-black/dp/B074DMCTMQ
Here is a cable that would work. You would use this instead of your existing VGA cable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface#Connector
To see if your video card has DVI-I, look for the four pin sockets on the side that are separate from the main block of 8x3. There is a horizontal slot that separates each pair of pins.

If that part of the socket is solid and you only have the 8x3 block of pins, your card has a DVI-D output and the cable I mentioned will not work.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 01:36:52 am by bw2341 »

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2022, 01:38:04 am »
Why VGA/DVI adapter works but VGA/HDMI has problems? I have never used VGA/DVI adapter

Offline bw2341

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2022, 01:44:51 am »
If the card is DVI-I, it means that the card can generate the analog VGA signal directly. The DVI-I socket is only a different shape from the normal VGA socket.

The cable I recommended has no electronics inside. It connects the analog pins on DVI-I to a normal shaped VGA plug.

Your own adapter is much more complicated. It need power for the chips inside to convert the digital HDMI signal to analog VGA and analog audio. Unfortunately, I don't know why it is not working properly for you.

Look carefully at the back of your card. You need to see the second picture from the wikipedia page. If you see the fourth picture, your card is DVI-D (digital) only and the cable I recommended will not fit.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 01:48:09 am by bw2341 »

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2022, 01:47:10 am »
I used two vga/hdmi adapters and the image appeared a few times but there are times when there is no signal, the R7 360 board has two DVI and 1 HDMI

Offline Someone

• Super Contributor
    • send complaints here
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2022, 01:52:28 am »
Your own adapter is much more complicated. It need power for the chips inside to convert the digital HDMI signal to analog VGA and analog audio.
This can be a problem, unknown/untrustworthy adapters that take more power than the standard permits. Works ok sometimes or on some sources, but not on everything, or not reliable.

Offline bw2341

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2022, 01:57:12 am »
Sorry, I edited my post while you replied. See my explanation on how to recognize a DVI-I output connector. I don't have personal experience with HDMI to VGA adapters.

However, I've had poor experiences with HDMI connections. I've had cables that had a loose fit in the socket. I've had poor quality cables causing picture problems. In your case, a DVI to VGA connection should be more physically and electrically robust than an active HDMI to VGA adapter.

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2022, 02:07:20 am »
 the cable DVI/VGA or the DVI adapter is better?

DVI-D or DVI-I is better?

the R7 360 video card has DL-DVI-D outputs: 1
- Output - DL-DVI-I: 1
- Output - HDMI: 1

is it worth buying this and not using my HDMI/VGA adapter?

Offline bw2341

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2022, 03:08:33 am »
Both the cable and adapter function identically. You need to use the old VGA cable if you buy the adapter. If you buy the cable, you need to buy a long enough cable to replace your old VGA cable.

DVI-I supports both DVI-D digital monitors and VGA monitors. A DVI-D output can only connect to a digital monitor. You should be able to see the physical difference between the two DVI connectors on your card.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 03:10:16 am by bw2341 »

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2022, 03:37:48 am »
My monitor is same VGA

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2022, 12:12:37 am »
because my card's HDMI output has problem..

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2022, 01:14:37 am »
using a video card with a problem on the HDMI output will over time damage the other outputs and the video card? Will the defect in an output disable the video card 100%?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf