Author Topic: Something Weird with recent posts??  (Read 1328 times)

Offline GlennSpriggTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Medically retired Tech. Old School / re-learning !
Something Weird with recent posts??
« on: May 05, 2021, 11:27:44 am »
Has anyone else had some 'strange' events regarding posts of late???... Am not complaining, but just curious?
I know the whole EEVBLOG was offline awhile back, due to a Server fire, but this is long SINCE all that.  :P

I recently noticed a few topics started by myself, seemed to have vanished completely from the recent 'General Computing' section. So I actually sent
a P.M. to Halcyon, just to query it. (Thinking I may have said/done something wrong!  :phew: ). It then told me that it was 'Successfully Sent', and I then
even went to my Personal Messages 'Sent' folder, saw it there, and re-read it! Now I also later noticed, that my Total Posts number was wrong??...

I checked, and back in Feb 2021 I posted how I've now crossed the 1000 posts mark. OK, that number is not important, except that up until MAY 2021,
I thought it was(?) say up to 1025 to 1040 or something... but now it showed only 1003 ??  Now here's the 'weird' part!!!...

A few days later, there (appeared') to be no response from Halcyon. And in fact, going back to my P.M. 'Sent' folder, even what I Sent had vanished !!
And now my Total Posts had jumped back to 1025(?), (don't know if it was/should-be more), and some missing Posts were BACK:phew:
I only posted 'this' here, because the last post to Halcyon (Moderator) had vanished too. I'm assuming that there was some sort of recent data restore??  :scared:
Diagonal of 1x1 square = Root-2. Ok.
Diagonal of 1x1x1 cube = Root-3 !!!  Beautiful !!

Online MIS42N

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Something Weird with recent posts??
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 11:32:23 am »
A few days back there was a booboo where a lot of recent posts were lost. Nothing to do with the fire. Some have been recovered from backups but not all. Have a look at News, top right of your screen.

The following users thanked this post: GlennSprigg

Offline newbrain

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 11:37:35 am »
"Something weird with recent posts"

Glenn, there's always been something slightly weird with your posts...but I like them nonetheless!  :-DD
Nandemo wa shiranai wa yo, shitteru koto dake.

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 12:22:43 pm »

Glenn, there's always been something slightly weird with your posts...but I like them nonetheless!  :-DD

I'm not sure how to take that... but the fact that you ended your answer in the way that you did, gives me some hope!!   :)
I'm well aware how 'different' I am, however I think it's important for people to 'be themselves'. As there-in lies honesty!  :)

I'm the FIRST to admit that I would not survive in the 'Military' for example... NOT because I don't respect those that ARE, but
that I do not personally think that denigrating/belittling prospective 'Up-And-Comers' should be a means to 'making better men'
of them. I UNDERSTAND the need for people to 'behave as a team' etc, and trained for 'automatic responses'...  I just think that
there are better ways to do it, while maintaining respect & hierarchy through the ranks, and true teamwork...   :phew:

'I' would be in the 'brig' in the first WEEK! But absolutely NOT for any reasons of not willing to fight/die for my Country...
I know you were being 'tongue in cheek', and making light of it in your friendly response, so PLEASE do not read too deep into
this mate!!  But yes, I am 'different', but would give up my life in an INSTANT for those that I love!!  :-+

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 12:50:50 pm »

Sorry mate... please don't think anything from what I said....
I know you were replying in fun!!!   :-+

The following users thanked this post: newbrain

Offline Doctorandus_P

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 05:30:18 pm »
Yep.

I happened to be posting at the wrong time, and a handful of the posts I made are lost.

Offline joseph nicholas

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 10:13:44 pm »
Pretty sure the site is being monitored for content by Dave and the people what he's got.  Curse words are nich nich.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2021, 12:31:28 pm »
Pretty sure the site is being monitored for content by Dave and the people what he's got.  Curse words are nich nich.

Yea.. I've since been 'ejurmicated' about the recent data uploads/problems...   :-+
Not to mention that I dont 'think I've been laden with any of the ubiquitous 'F' and or 'C' words!!   :)
All sorted!!   8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf