Author Topic: Unpluging/Plugging in USB Device Causes ARGB/RGB lights to blink off and on  (Read 1365 times)

Offline DW1961Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
I've just had this start popping up.

1. Unplug or re-plug an active USB device into any USB port, and the RGB+ ARGB lights will blink off and on quickly.
2. Worst case the lights on the ARGB side go completely off, then slowly come back to the original brightness over approximately 3-4 seconds..
3. I've tried uninstalling the USB controller in Device Manger, but here are two identical entries. So I only get one uninstalled before the system reboots itself. Then the two entries are back again.

1209553-0

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I'm assuring it has something to do with USB drivers but the USB BUS isn't connected to the ARGB/RGB risers in anyway. And why would it cause the lights to flick off and on quickly? It's almost like the power is interrupted (100ms).

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
What voltage are the ARGB/RGB lights?

Can you measure the voltages upon plugging and unplugging the usb stuff?

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
Maybe on the connection  windows has to re-enumerate the device and add it to the device manager, it could cause  data delay or a drop  ????

In the device manager  you can do a disable device, it wont remove the drivers,  it will simply make them stop working,   sometimes it help to find the physical hardware device   

EX: two gigabit lan port on a motherboard, witch one is it in windows ?

A disabled device wont re enable itself until you ask it .... even after many reboots ....

Online newbrain

• Super Contributor
Mobo manufacturer and model?
Nothing of the sort happens on my two Asus wth neither analog nor digital RGB strips.

To better pinpoint a device, it is sometimes helpful to select 'Show devices by connection'  in device manager that will show them in a tree structured way.
Nandemo wa shiranai wa yo, shitteru koto dake.

• Frequent Contributor
What voltage are the ARGB/RGB lights?

Can you measure the voltages upon plugging and unplugging the usb stuff?

Both 12V and 5V.

• Frequent Contributor
Maybe on the connection  windows has to re-enumerate the device and add it to the device manager, it could cause  data delay or a drop  ????

In the device manager  you can do a disable device, it wont remove the drivers,  it will simply make them stop working,   sometimes it help to find the physical hardware device   

EX: two gigabit lan port on a motherboard, witch one is it in windows ?

A disabled device wont re enable itself until you ask it .... even after many reboots ....

It does it on any USB port, device or directly into the back of the MB port.

• Frequent Contributor
Mobo manufacturer and model?
Nothing of the sort happens on my two Asus wth neither analog nor digital RGB strips.

To better pinpoint a device, it is sometimes helpful to select 'Show devices by connection'  in device manager that will show them in a tree structured way.

MB: Gigabyte Aorus Pro B450 Wifi ITX Rev 1
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#kf

• Frequent Contributor
I'm starting to think this may be software related. Both the Gigabyte and G Skill RAM have their own software, and I run them both simultaneously.

What happens is that if I start the Gigabyte Fusion software, it automatically registers the GSkill RAM so when I start the program, it will change the color of the RAM to whatever it was last time I started Fusion. Then I have to start the GSkill software and change the RAM color back. When I would unplug a device from USB, and this does not always happen now, sometimes the LEDs would blink or change color. The RAM color would default back to whatever the last color was in the Gigabyte Fusion software. So that tells me something is messing with the Gigabyte software.

Today I disabled Fusion from registering the GSkill RAM. I'm going to see if that solves the RAM color swap, and if so, then I know it's the Gigabyte Fusion software in relation to 'something' else on the board. In other words, I've isolated the RAM from the Gigabyte software.

I'll post back and sorry for the delay. For some reason i never got the auto reply.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf