Author Topic: USB ON ASUS U31F LAPTOP NOT DETECTING WORKING EXTERNAL BLU-RAY  (Read 2858 times)

Offline simon christoTopic starter

• Contributor
USB ON ASUS U31F LAPTOP NOT DETECTING WORKING EXTERNAL BLU-RAY
« on: February 11, 2020, 01:59:14 am »
Hi there.I've tested 2 working Blu-Ray Writers Drives (Both external), on a Asus U31F Laptop, and in 'Devices and Printers'
both come up with Error Code :0000000, and a explination mark next to the 'filled out' icon (not shaded), and it doesn't show
up in the USB box either.On another Laptop,(HP EliteBook) both drives work perfectly.All other devices work perfectly on the
Asus, like - External Hard Drves,Usb sticks and Wireless Keyboard sender.Just the Blu-Ray Drives don't seem to work.
Shall I reload the USB drivers?, and I've just recently reset the Windows 10 Home, by using it's own 'Fresh Start' icon.
Thanks Simon.

Online bdunham7

• Super Contributor
Re: USB ON ASUS U31F LAPTOP NOT DETECTING WORKING EXTERNAL BLU-RAY
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 06:37:50 pm »
Is the external drive USB 2 or 3?  Does the laptop have both USB 2 and 3 ports?
A 3.5 digit 4.5 digit 5 digit 5.5 digit 6.5 digit 7.5 digit DMM is good enough for most people.

Offline LeonR

• Regular Contributor
  • PC hardware enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 09:51:49 pm »
Try using a powered USB hub. Some notebooks have lower maximum amps on USB ports than others.

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 06:41:40 am »
Hi there.One of the Blu-Rays has two USB plugs (LG Brand Slimline),where one is for power and the other is for Communication.
But the other (LG 5.25" External Box), has it's own mains powered power supply, and it doesn't work either, and I've tried using
a USB port directly from the Asus, and also through a 4 port external hub but again no luck.Yep, the Slimline LG is USB 3.0, and
the LG 5.25" External Box is USB 2.0, and both don't work on the Asus, but both work on the HP Laptop.

Again, just before I tried testing the Blu-Rays I did do a 'Start Fresh' Windows 10 Home reset.I don't know whether this affected
the USB driver's.Thanks Simon.

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 06:56:17 am »
Here's a tech support page from LG. In German, I'm afraid; I couldn't figure out how to find the same page in English on their blessed website. Google translate should help:

https://www.lg.com/de/support/produkt-hilfe/CT20114032-20150102867646-others

They first explain how to update drivers (via the regular Windows driver update mechanism), then describe how to create an additional registry key if the driver update does not help.

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 01:31:00 am »
Hi there again!Yep, no worries.I got advised that Microsoft was the best place to get an update for my USB drivers,
and they said that Windows 10 should have updated them automatically through updates, but if it doesn't I can
update it manually.They said to uninstall any USB driver that has a 'hub' in it,So like they said, I would probally
lose control of the mouse, and I would have to do a 10 second 'hold down' of the power button', then afterwards
reboot and then Windows will automatically reload the most recent driver.
         Anyway, all works well.Thanks Simon.

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 02:42:00 am »
Hello again.Yeah, now I've got my Blu-Ray writer working on both my laptops, I have a new question regarding USB acsess
discs and Mastered discs.When I select USB type, it formats the disc and goes through the nessesary tasks to format it.But
when I choose 'Mastered' type disc, it DOESN'T go through any format procedure.Sometimes the Laptop can't see it, and
suggests it may need formatting.Id like to choose 'Mastered type as I DON'T want the disc to be edited once written.
Why doesn't it format the disc for 'Mastered' like the USB choice does?
Thanks Simon.

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 06:08:26 am »
Hello again.Using the Asus, I made a 25Gig disc 100Meg from full capacity.All worked well, but this unit 'crashes' when reading disc's made by itself! I tried many different files on the disc - and they all caused a crash.
       So I tried it on a Blu-Ray Writer I had purchased years ago, and it read all the files on the disc with no problems.Should I speak with LG to see if I can get a more recent driver for it.Does anybody else have any troubles with this Blu-Ray Writer? (Part No:LG BP50NB40) Thanks Simon.

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2020, 12:43:55 am »
Hi there folks! I just have a small question about the capacities of RW and RE Blu-Ray Discs.I made a RW disc, because if any errors are made on it I can easily fix it.
Anyway I made the RW disc, about 2 Meg from capacity, and it worked fine.Then I copied it to Hard-Disc and then copied it to a RE disc.Then I noticed that all the files weren't copied, and there was 100 Meg short on the RE disc in total capacity.Consequently, the RE disc always gives errors, and the RW just works fine!
Please explain! Thanks Simon.

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 01:18:14 am »
Hi there.I  needed to copy a 25G Blu-Ray disc, and to copy it properly you need to use a 'Copy Disc' program.After it indicated that
the copy was succesfull, I tried the copy and it put all the files in the 'Awaiting to be Burnt' section.When I press the Burn to Disc
button, it said the destination had the files already there! Whats happening? Thanks Simon.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf