Products > Computers

W11 on PC that does not meet minimun requirements ?

(1/1)

Lindley:
Microsoft detail the way it can be done, but give the warning below as its said to be only intended to allow businesses to see how W11 runs.

--- Quote --- If you proceed with installing Windows 11, your PC will no longer be supported and won't be entitled to receive updates. Damages to your PC due to lack of compatibility aren't covered under the manufacturer warranty.
--- End quote ---

Has anyone done this on an old PC and know if updates do come through or not ?

We have W11 on a new laptop which we like so would like to run it on the older non compliant desktop  eg Intel 4170.

DavidAlfa:
Sure, I also did with my "old" 2012 i7-3770K, no TPM, Windows still receiving almost daily updates.
Just make the registry hack and go for it:
https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/bypass-windows-11-tpm-requirement

My advice is to install 21H2 for now, 22H2 came with a lot of bugs.
Open Rufus, select "Disk or ISO image", then click the arrow on SELECT and choose DOWNLOAD.
When clicking start, a dialog will appear asking what  to download, choose the Windows 11 version you want.

coromonadalix:
And Rufus will give you some tricks to install on unsupported hardware, it even worked on an oooooolld  Athlon Fx cpu  loll

50ShadesOfDirt:
Sounds like FUD from MS to tell you that you might not get future updates "delivered" to this PC, because there is something MS doesn't like about it ... Most folks would *pay* to not have automatic updates delivered!

In your case, if updates did stop happening automatically, you can still go to the MS update website and just pull down the updates yourself, on any time schedule you prefer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version