Products > Computers

washed out colors from VGA to HDMI

(1/8) > >>

DiTBho:
So, I bought a VGA to HDMI adapter, and today I tried it. Colors are faded like when, after many cycles of your clothes in the washing machine you got colors washed out.

What can it be? And how to fix it?
The VGA cable is brand new.
The HDMI cable is brand new.
The VGA source has brilliant colors.
The VGA-to-HDMI adapter is a GANA 1080P Full HD.

Why life always is so complex?!?  :-//

DiTBho:
Googling ... this explains an interesting case, but it's not my case.

Attached to the HDMI there is a video grabber, and things work perfectly with HDMI-sources.

Don't  you know, guys, a well-known working VGA2HDMI? (supposing it's its fault)

Nominal Animal:
Do you have full black-white intensity range?  Or is the HDMI output similar to when your RGB output was restricted to say 51-204 (20%-80%)?
If you have a scope, verifying the VGA color signals (pin pairs 1-6 for red, 2-7 for green, 3-8 for blue) are 0.7 Vpp, would be useful.

Have you opened the adapter yet? pics of the board?

DiTBho:

--- Quote from: Nominal Animal on May 19, 2022, 12:43:52 am ---Have you opened the adapter yet? pics of the board?

--- End quote ---

does not open, there are no screws, the case is glued.
If it is faulty I will return it to Amazon, but I cannot return it if it is damaged.

I am tempted to buy a second adapter, but which model?
I'd like to have something with screws so I can open it without problems.

DiTBho:

--- Quote from: Nominal Animal on May 19, 2022, 12:43:52 am ---Do you have full black-white intensity range? 

--- End quote ---

To test this, I would have to create a black- # 00.00.00-to-white- # ff.ff.ff intensity image test on Gimp.
I will do it! Then we can compare the original image on Gimp with the captured image.

diff(original{R.G.B}, captured{R.G.B}) = ?!?

--- Quote from: Nominal Animal on May 19, 2022, 12:43:52 am ---If you have a scope, verifying the VGA color signals (pin pairs 1-6 for red, 2-7 for green, 3-8 for blue) are 0.7 Vpp, would be useful.

--- End quote ---

Yup, but in this case: should I amplify the { R, G, B } signals with OAs?
Isn't there a VGA amplifiers?

--- Quote from: Nominal Animal on May 19, 2022, 12:43:52 am ---Or is the HDMI output similar to when your RGB output was restricted to say 51-204 (20%-80%)?

--- End quote ---

umm, how to test this?  :-//

I don't have here a device with native HDMI-out.
I could borrow an RPI, just to see if the problem is at the HDMI-side of the grabber rather than at the VGA-side of the VGA2HDMI

That's the best I can do here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version