Products > Computers

Windows 10 support ending 2025

(1/18) > >>

bdunham7:
It will sneak up on you faster than you think.  Once the new version is available, Microsoft will be actively making your life miserable long before 2025.

https://www.cnet.com/news/windows-10-support-is-ending-in-2025/

I'm a bit worn out with switching versions of Windows.  I think this means I have 4 years to get used to Linux.

PKTKS:

--- Quote from: bdunham7 on June 15, 2021, 03:31:14 pm ---It will sneak up on you faster than you think.  Once the new version is available, Microsoft will be actively making your life miserable long before 2025.
(..)

--- End quote ---

geeez they made mine  a miserable latrine in the late 80s..

by mid 90s I had totally ditched their crap in the potty...

GO TO HELL MS!

quoting Duke: rest in pieces...

Paul

PKTKS:
but.. make no mistake about it...

Corporate IT is a sick whorehouse NAZI  Mafia...

Expect very soon to "PAY" for "free source" open source whatever
in the same means all cloud fevers are up to..

https://cloud.google.com/blog/products/compute/ubuntu-pro-available-on-google-cloud

Shell corporations and front end corps will soon take over and
offer you a subscription of each and every piece of it..

Azure is obvious no different and WSL path the way of this shit..

Paul

themadhippy:
Im sure i read somewhere windows 10 was going to be the last windows release and they were just going to continually update it,guess they discovered theirs  no money in that route.

bdunham7:

--- Quote from: themadhippy on June 15, 2021, 04:17:53 pm ---Im sure i read somewhere windows 10 was going to be the last windows release and they were just going to continually update it,guess they discovered theirs  no money in that route.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I guess we didn't get that in writing!  I'm betting that the new Windows will be a subscription service of some sort--Operating System as as Service, or Windoze OSaaS.  And that while the 'core' may be low-cost or perhaps free, they're going to nickel and dime you to death on additional 'features'.  They're jealous of Apple's recurring revenues and they think they can play the same game.  I'm also betting the Windows 10 will be deprecated in actual effect well before 2025.

Maybe I'm just pessimistic and it will be great.  Windows 10 was just a big ugly hack to eliminate the stench of Windows 8, but it mostly delivered except where it occasionally didn't. (WMC, e.g.) It always seemed like a stopgap, so perhaps Windows Nirvana will be the ultimate solution to everything and be totally free as well.  And they're going to throw in a virtual machine that will run all previous versions of Windows going back to 3.1.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version