Poll

Has the hackabiliy of the E4 made you buy one :  

Yes, I was already looking at the competition at a similar price, but the hack swung it to E4
274 (27.9%)
Yes, I'd not considered buying a TIC before, but 320x240 resolution at this price justifies it (as either tool or toy!)
444 (45.3%)
Yes, I was going to buy an E5/6/8 class of unit but will now get the E4
49 (5%)
No, but am looking out for a cheap i3 to hack
50 (5.1%)
Not yet, but probably will if now that a closed-box hack becomes is possible
164 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 803

Author Topic: Flir E4 Thermal imaging camera teardown  (Read 3803616 times)

JustMe

Re: Flir E4 Thermal imaging camera teardown
« Reply #5400 on: August 24, 2014, 05:58:34 pm »
Can anyone advise any online sellers (other than eBay) that offer the Flir E4 with firmware version 1.22?  Looks like tequipment is now selling version 2.3.

Offline kq702

« Reply #5401 on: August 24, 2014, 07:46:57 pm »
Hi all, I am new here but have read lots of posts. I purchased the e4 and got 1.2L with software version 2.1.0. Does that mean my unit does not have a solution to convert it to the e8? after reading lots of pages I am not clear if the hack will work with my unit or not, please advise

Offline tsmith35

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5402 on: August 24, 2014, 11:03:06 pm »
Hi all, I am new here but have read lots of posts. I purchased the e4 and got 1.2L with software version 2.1.0. Does that mean my unit does not have a solution to convert it to the e8? after reading lots of pages I am not clear if the hack will work with my unit or not, please advise

Nothing yet for FW v2+

Offline Mosaic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5403 on: August 25, 2014, 04:01:26 pm »
Can anyone advise any online sellers (other than eBay) that offer the Flir E4 with firmware version 1.22?  Looks like tequipment is now selling version 2.3.

I just rec'd my E4 from TEquipment:
Model E4 , 1.1L
1.22.0 firmware  8)

Modded to E8 on first try...10 minutes using this video

Everything works!

Thanks much! ;D

Offline kq702

« Reply #5404 on: August 26, 2014, 02:01:38 am »

Nothing yet for FW v2+

thanks for the update

Offline Roboss

« Reply #5405 on: August 26, 2014, 02:09:40 pm »
Once again another huge thanks to @Marphy for the program and all who figured out the hack.

Successfully deflowered my 1.22.

Offline chriseparent

• Contributor
« Reply #5406 on: August 27, 2014, 08:43:42 pm »
just received a 1.22 from tequipment so they may still have some.

Offline Tom9999

• Contributor
« Reply #5407 on: August 28, 2014, 05:58:49 pm »

When did you order it and to where and I am thinking to order E4 from Tequipemnt ship to Canada?  If anyone know any seller in Canada?

ps: anyone know if this one on http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00FKD9DSW/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB can be hack?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 06:08:12 pm by Tom9999 »

Offline wer4

• Contributor
« Reply #5408 on: August 28, 2014, 06:08:18 pm »
Received a 2.3 from TEquipment yesterday so I must have just missed it.

Offline OrBy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5409 on: August 28, 2014, 06:45:02 pm »
If anyone know any seller in Canada?
[/quote]

I bought mine though shopflir.ca. It actually came from Optimum Energy Products Ltd out of Calgary but that was quite a while back and have no idea if they have new stock or not. Good luck!

Offline chriseparent

• Contributor
« Reply #5410 on: August 28, 2014, 06:48:56 pm »

When did you order it and to where and I am thinking to order E4 from Tequipemnt ship to Canada?  If anyone know any seller in Canada?

last week.   I dont know about its export rules but if you call the company they can tell you that and the firmware version

Offline Tom9999

• Contributor
« Reply #5411 on: August 28, 2014, 06:56:50 pm »

I bought mine though shopflir.ca. It actually came from Optimum Energy Products Ltd out of Calgary but that was quite a while back and have no idea if they have new stock or not. Good luck!
[/quote]

yes, shopflir.ca had in stock like 10+ for 995.00 Cdn and amazon.ca is selling 895.00 Cdn and I like amazon.ca price but I had never order anything from amazon.ca.   I am thinking go for amazon.ca price.

Offline KrowBar

« Reply #5412 on: August 29, 2014, 03:28:33 am »
Got my Amazon order today with firmware 2.3.  Gonna pay the 4 bucks to return it.  Lost sale because of recent meddling by FLIR.  Would have bought one if I could get quality resolution for $1k, but not getting any kind of TIC in near future now.  Suck it!   Or take a better look at your sales data as things cool off now and consider opening back up the door.  Learn from the CPU folks.  An overclockable mid-range product gives better overall sales and increased market share even if a few high margin sales are lost as a result.

Offline ixfd64

• Frequent Contributor
    • Facebook
« Reply #5413 on: August 29, 2014, 04:10:27 am »
A few months ago, even a 80 x 60 resolution for $995 was a really good deal, but I guess the FLIR One (and future competing products) changes all that.

Offline cdmanii

« Reply #5414 on: August 29, 2014, 07:18:54 am »
Hello, I have an awesome camera, FLIR E40 (without MSX).
Recently, through the youtube and the web site below, I noticed some important fact that is, the FLIR E40 can be utilized or changed to E60.

I have not only seen that video clip several time, but tried to connect computer to FLIR E40 by though USB cable.
However, the explanation being on that video clip made by use of FLIR E4 and therefore, the last process does not exist.
Also, I have seen some articles mentioning about the way of modification with configuration file.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/flir-e4-thermal-imaging-camera-teardown/2820/
but I don’t totally understand it because of the explanation saying just simple configuration so that it cannot be applicable to my camera.

ps

i want to download "flir e60 conf.cfg" where is it ?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 08:16:22 am by cdmanii »

Offline courtneyssoul

« Reply #5415 on: August 29, 2014, 08:55:16 pm »

yes, shopflir.ca had in stock like 10+ for 995.00 Cdn and amazon.ca is selling 895.00 Cdn and I like amazon.ca price but I had never order anything from amazon.ca.   I am thinking go for amazon.ca price.

I would take a chance that amazon.ca had new vintage stock for $895CDN but when I tried to order they indicated they cannot ship this item to my address in the United States.  Does Canada classify the USA as a terrorist country?

Offline chriseparent

• Contributor
« Reply #5416 on: August 30, 2014, 05:43:11 am »
ok... so do I understand correctly that even if the resolution is higher and there are more colors,  if there's no MSX or crosshairs,  i did something wrong?

1.22 with hack + menu 3 beta zip

Offline Tom9999

• Contributor
« Reply #5417 on: August 30, 2014, 05:57:50 am »

I would take a chance that amazon.ca had new vintage stock for $895CDN but when I tried to order they indicated they cannot ship this item to my address in the United States.  Does Canada classify the USA as a terrorist country?

Hi,  no idea why you couldn't get it from amazon.ca  site and stock is low from 10 down to 7 by now.

Offline wer4

• Contributor
« Reply #5418 on: August 30, 2014, 04:20:19 pm »
ok... so do I understand correctly that even if the resolution is higher and there are more colors,  if there's no MSX or crosshairs,  i did something wrong?

Yes you messed up the config file. Most likely something with the CRC

Offline chriseparent

• Contributor
« Reply #5419 on: August 30, 2014, 04:59:22 pm »

thanks a lot for getting back.  so do I wipe the device with factory reset and start over?
thanks

Offline chriseparent

• Contributor
« Reply #5420 on: August 30, 2014, 05:00:21 pm »

also am I correct in thinking that to enable zoom and PIP I have to modify a couple lines of the CRC file?

Offline edavid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5421 on: August 30, 2014, 05:00:42 pm »

No, but Amazon makes US customers buy from amazon.com.

Offline chriseparent

• Contributor
« Reply #5422 on: August 30, 2014, 05:10:32 pm »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

has anyone located a source for 3d printed TELEPHOTO lens for the E4?
(US supplier or will ship to the US)

|O |O

Offline wer4

• Contributor
« Reply #5423 on: August 30, 2014, 06:24:30 pm »

also am I correct in thinking that to enable zoom and PIP I have to modify a couple lines of the CRC file?
Post or PM your original CFC and I will send you the correct config.cfc file.

Offline chriseparent

• Contributor
« Reply #5424 on: August 30, 2014, 10:53:59 pm »

Post or PM your original CFC and I will send you the correct config.cfc file.

thanks very much!
I fooled around a little bit with the CRC file and got MSX to work, but still no PIP or zoom.....  :'(
and,  honestly,  I prefer thermal to MSX,  but I haven't tried it in gray which seems appropriate for night walking moreso than rainbow.
saving a separate jpg file shows only a black space and nothing is saved as a separatr photo from the IR image.   is this also a CRC issue?
is 'arctic'  the same as moisture?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 12:02:14 am by chriseparent »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf