Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1449696 times)

Offline snobwall

Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #1775 on: October 11, 2015, 09:50:14 am »
hi, im student at university. Electronics and comunication is my main course and currently at teleinformatic specialization.
i'v never been into electronics until recently and that is only facoulty im good at, nevermind its only one i like, so
i guess i stick to it. recently got some test equipement and i hope to get good at this stuff, with forums help offcourse.

P.S. My nick suppose to be Snowball not Snobwall (give a keyboard to a monkey).

Offline NEYi

• Contributor
« Reply #1776 on: October 13, 2015, 02:08:48 pm »
Hiya, fellows. :)
I'm a 21 years old electronics enthusiast from Ukraine, mostly obsessed with high-voltage(Tesla coils) and digital(MCU,PLD) stuff.
I've been watching EEVBlog almost from beginning and still watching now, but never been on the forums until recently. Looks like a nice place to me. :D
In science we trust.

Offline OiD

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1777 on: October 14, 2015, 07:37:46 am »
Hey all!
After lurking around here for years I finally joined in. I'm Miles, 27. British and living in Spain. I like to mess around with digital, High Voltage, power and mcu's. Pleased to meet y'all!

Offline sdancer

• Contributor
« Reply #1778 on: October 14, 2015, 09:06:40 am »
Hi all, I'm from and in Germany, and the kind of person who finds electronics cool and all but never really got around to really doing much of anything except buying gear that doesn't really get used, but some day definitely will be!

Offline Shamron

« Reply #1779 on: October 17, 2015, 07:32:59 am »
Hi there..

I first got to learn about eevblog when searching for "amiga" on YouTube and have been an avid and addicted watcher since that moment. I simply love it and can't get enough. 😊

In '94,i graduated as a certified radio/TV repairman, but never used or kept my education up to date.

Yet, in 2007,me and a friend walked by a electronic waste dumpster, where we found 2 transformers, heatsinks and 2x2N3055's attached. I said to my friend "we can build a first class amplifier out of mostly these parts" and so we did and it greatly outperformed my NAD T747 receiver that i just the year before had paid 1500$ for.

Both me and my friend wanted more and I started slowly refreshing my knowledge and got on to other projects.

Pic1:
My John Linsley Hood 15W class a monoblock with external power supply (requires +18V/0/-18V).

Pic2:
JLH Headphone Amp. A miniature of the above, just 1-1,5W.

Pic3:
I was in need of an adjustable power supply that could deliver at least a few amperes, so I built this one, based on LT1083's.

Pic4:
Removing the yellowing and replacing caps on my favourite computers, Amiga. 😊

Pic5:
I got a ton of cat6 from a friend and having read about the homemade cat6 speaker cables, I made a pair. I went from a pair of 2mm ones, to these and though I itch whenever I hear about snakeoil or any other "magic" ways to enhance the sound (like directional cables), I sincerely mean these make a difference. 😊

Pic6:
As I moved on to building a 2x40W class a amplifier, cooling became an issue, even with a 5U tall and 50CM deep case with heatsinks all along the sides, so I decided to build this table/Amp-stand with integrated cooling and temperature sensors. It lowered the amps temperature from 65 degrees Celsius to about 45 degrees, AR which semiconductors enjoy life a LOT more, and longer.

Pic7:
A multitester I bought on eBay. It tests transistors, tells you the pinup of b-c-e, hfe, conducting-voltage, capacity of caps, their esr, resistances, diodes, regulators, misfits, etc. For 13$,this is my most used and valued instrument. 😊

Anyhow, as I rudely wrote in my first post, which should have been my second one, my gf is buying me a scope and a multimeter for my 40th birthday and I want the fluke 87 and a rigol 1054Z. The budget is 833$ and the fluke 87 I just found bundled with a fluke 62 in thermometer for 310$,but the scope is unavailable in Norway it seems, unless I pay 540$for the scope, 160$ in import tax and another 50$ in shipping. If anyone know of any Scandinavian distributors of rigol, please tell. 😊

Thanks for reading, have a great day everyone. 😊

Ben from Norway

Offline crispy_tofu

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1780 on: October 17, 2015, 07:42:54 am »
A multitester I bought on eBay. It tests transistors, tells you the pinup of b-c-e, hfe, conducting-voltage, capacity of caps, their esr, resistances, diodes, regulators, misfits, etc. For 13$,this is my most used and valued instrument. 😊

Welcome to the forum! By the way, if you want to learn more about your tester, the forum has a thread about it:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/$20-lcr-esr-transistor-checker-project/
 ;D

Offline Ogive

« Reply #1781 on: November 06, 2015, 10:46:43 pm »
I'm an EE in the USA.  Been designing analog stuff for about 30 years.  The last 15 have been designing cameras and spectrometers and other instruments for electron microscopes.  I'm also am a ham radio operator.

Offline theBigK

• Contributor
« Reply #1782 on: November 16, 2015, 03:42:50 pm »
Hello everyone!

I am from California, currently working on my second degree in mechanical engineering although considering switching to electrical plenty of times! I am working on electrical repair and am friends with a retired electrical engineer and we both work on figuring out ways to fix and replace car electronics.

Realy enjoy the EEVblog, and working on outfitting myself with the last few repair pieces.

Offline FireFlower

• Regular Contributor
  • Wish had a cabin in Lappland
« Reply #1783 on: November 18, 2015, 08:55:31 pm »
Hello,

I am from Finland, 25 years old, studying electronics, programming, embedded systems in general at Tampere University of Technology. Part time working at electronic factory fixing stuff that doesn't meet specs etc. Currently building my own hobby corner and getting / building stuff I need.

I found eevblog a year ago when I was just browsing internet and kept coming back to check videos.

One hobby corner coming up

Items so far
  • Metcal MX-500 with hand piece, talon tweezer hand piece, desoldering gun and bunch of different tips
  • Chinese general-brand soldering station (my first one)
  • Samsung SyncMaster TC240 modded computer with boom stand

Projects: Led work lamp with stepless adjustable lumen range (700-7000), high efficiency
Hobby corner instruments + ESD protection

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1784 on: November 18, 2015, 11:13:18 pm »
I can read the your windows XP license key on that image.

Probably you don't care, but I thought I'll mention it.

Also those LED bulbs look like 80 proof whiskey, but with winter coming it's either that or vodka  :-+

Offline FireFlower

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1785 on: November 19, 2015, 01:34:09 am »
I can read the your windows XP license key on that image.

Probably you don't care, but I thought I'll mention it.

Also those LED bulbs look like 80 proof whiskey, but with winter coming it's either that or vodka  :-+

That XP license doesn't work. I copied from internet to get past activation but had to go to basement and look for correct product key from old dead laptop. That system will not be connected to outside network, it is virtually isolated from outside world after I have downloaded updates.

Led project is still underway

Basically only things I have to make are a mounting bracket and drilling a few holes, a control box and salvaging a laptop power supply for it.  :-/O
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 01:41:27 am by FireFlower »

Offline zega

« Reply #1786 on: November 21, 2015, 05:50:50 am »
Hello

I am from Okemos, Michigan (natively Croatian), and work in electronics field (science related) for over 20 years.
I also am a member of many other forums www.e-vozila.com , diyaudio.com, stackexchange...

zega

Offline moya034

• Regular Contributor
  • Former Welder, IT guy, and Ham Radio Junkie
« Reply #1787 on: November 21, 2015, 11:48:38 pm »
Hello! I am an Electronics Experiment and Ham Radio Operator from Delaware. While by no means am I a first class expert, I've been around the block a few times when it comes to electricity. Currently working on a few odd ball projects, including but not limited to a digital amateur radio repeater, modifying a Heathkit VTVM, RF power meter, and FM deviation meter.

Offline Chai

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1788 on: November 23, 2015, 10:53:17 pm »
No formal education in EE or CS? No problem! Well, kinda a problem if you want to learn electronics. But hey, I'm trying. :o

Offline CarnivalBen

• Contributor
« Reply #1789 on: November 24, 2015, 12:29:15 pm »
Hi

I'm Ben... I'm the electrician for a carnival club in Somerset, UK... Every year we build a carnival float for the carnival parades in November every year... and it's my job to wire it all up. We normally have around 12,000 40w light bulbs powered by an 800kVA generator on a vehicle that is 100ft long made from an old convered ERF lorry unit pulling two trailers.

Check this out to see what I'm talking about: https://youtu.be/ZAfGaqIw_WQ?t=4m50s

Offline jeffsf

• Contributor
« Reply #1790 on: November 24, 2015, 05:08:06 pm »
Good morning!

I'm Jeff and am about to try to figure how to solder these new-fangled SMDs, as well as bring back to life some of my old equipment, perhaps even my Collins KWM-2A gear. I got my Amateur Extra license back when pentodes were still on the exam, and my MSEE/CS from MIT was back when 1 GHz was something that went down a waveguide, not the clock speed on the cheap CPU on the phone in my pocket.

I apologize that I don't have a lot to add to discussions, but I've definitely appreciated the information here that you all share.

Jeff

Offline Electric flower

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1791 on: November 27, 2015, 09:05:26 am »
Hello,

Hory shet, are you my scandinavian cousin?

Together we could be PlasmaFlower
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
All play and no work makes Jack a mere toy.

Offline FireFlower

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1792 on: November 27, 2015, 02:22:08 pm »
Hello,

Hory shet, are you my scandinavian cousin?

Together we could be PlasmaFlower

Who knows!  :box: I was quite surprised nobody had taken this nick yet :P
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 02:24:13 pm by FireFlower »

Offline jmegar324

• Contributor
« Reply #1793 on: November 28, 2015, 06:22:31 am »
My name is Jaime and I like to party! :)

Offline joshforester

• Contributor
« Reply #1794 on: November 29, 2015, 04:59:44 pm »
How's it going guys (and gals?) I'm Joshua Forester from Carrollton, TX and have been an avid electronics enthusiast for quite some time in my short time I've been alive. Currently working as an Electrician in the State of Texas in new construction commercial & industrial. Also have worked for a Lenovo subcontractor in the past along with the IT field and medical field. I'm like most of you guys and love taking things apart and building things as well! Been watching the EEVBlog for a couple months now and has become one of my favorite channels! Has even helped me on a test recently in Trade School since we recently had a unit over electrical test equipment!

Well that's pretty much me in enclosure, I mean nutshell!  :-DD
DFW, TX -- Commercial Electrician-- Avid Electronic Enthusiast

Offline wonderfulpcb_sales

• PCB board | PCB manufacturer | PCB Assembly - Wonderful PCB
« Reply #1795 on: December 01, 2015, 10:31:35 am »
hi,my name is jim ,I'm engaged in PCB industry
A good PCB manufacturing must rely on advanced production team and strict quality control.
http://www.wonderfulpcb.com/

Offline AlxDroidDev

• Frequent Contributor
    • Arduino Web Brasil
« Reply #1796 on: December 01, 2015, 07:20:51 pm »
Hello, folks. I am Alex, from Brazil. I was always fascinated with EE, but when it came to choosing a college degree, I went to the dark side of the force: Mecanical Engineering withg an emphasis on mechatronics. That gave me some basic knowledge of EE, but not nearly enough, part of electronics in my course didn't scrap the surface of basic EE knowledge. I never worked in the EE industry (or mechatronics, for that matter), and I became an IT manager, programmer and DBA (which is what I've been doing for the last 15 years).

Neverthless, a couple decades after leaving school, I took electronics as a hobby, building small projects using Arduinos, but nothing too fancy. Most of what I know was self  taught.
"The nice thing about standards is that you have so many to choose from." (Andrew S. Tanenbaum)

Offline Tech-indoorsman

• !
« Reply #1797 on: December 02, 2015, 02:06:30 pm »
 O0Hello, everybody!
Good night!

Offline rebucklives

« Reply #1798 on: December 03, 2015, 07:16:23 pm »
Hi Everyone-
My name is Brent and I'm a structural engineer who like to dabble in EE stuff for fun.  My EE experience is limited to the required general EE courses and labs that I took when I was an undergraduate when I got my degree.  To be honest I wasn't that interested in the EE courses when I was in school to become a civil engineer.  Probably because it wasn't my intended field and I was just trying to get through it.  Now that I have a little more time on my hands I am finding a renewed interest in electronics and want to get a little more serious about my hobby.  Looks like I found a pretty good place to start!

Offline soundhack

« Reply #1799 on: December 05, 2015, 05:37:25 am »
I'm Robert, a systems engineer working for the US federal government. I've taught classes on how to build robots and embedded systems, and in general am interested in hardware/software systems.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf