Author Topic: Special Price FOR EEVblog Members  (Read 568930 times)

Elf

Re: Special Price FOR EEVblog Members
« Reply #1800 on: March 18, 2017, 02:12:33 am »
How long does it take to approve the request for a discount code? I sent yesterday a PM to Evan (to tequipment account), but I haven't heard back yet. Or should I post a request in this thread?
Ah, I think it is basically just handled by volunteers now, by requesting in this thread.

PM sent.

The following users thanked this post: piranha32

Offline piranha32

• Supporter
    • random ramblings of an engineer
« Reply #1801 on: March 18, 2017, 02:22:47 am »
How long does it take to approve the request for a discount code? I sent yesterday a PM to Evan (to tequipment account), but I haven't heard back yet. Or should I post a request in this thread?
Ah, I think it is basically just handled by volunteers now, by requesting in this thread.

PM sent.

I've got the code already from Evan, but thanks a lot for PM anyway.

Offline spikec

« Reply #1802 on: March 28, 2017, 05:08:22 pm »
Is the EEVblog code discount any different from the EDU discount?  I have the EDU discount since I'm back to taking classes in school, just wasn't sure if one was better than the other. 

Is it possible for me to get the code from here?  I just joined the forums, but I've been following on youtube for quite some time.  Just messing around with electronics as a hobby for now, work in mfg/mechanical engineering but constantly dealing with misc electrical/electronics problems at work.  Looking to buy a scope for myself finally, after constantly using/borrowing them from work or school.

Thanks!

Offline piranha32

• Supporter
    • random ramblings of an engineer
« Reply #1803 on: March 28, 2017, 05:16:43 pm »
Is the EEVblog code discount any different from the EDU discount?  I have the EDU discount since I'm back to taking classes in school, just wasn't sure if one was better than the other. 
I'm not sure if it will work with EDU prices, but I've got EEVBlog discount on top of another discount which was already applied to the original price.

EDIT: From EEVBlog discount info:
Also, TEquipment doesn't allow this discount code to be combined with other discount codes like education or military discounts. I'm not sure of the military discount (suspect 5%, but unconfirmed), but education is 5% and EEVBlog is 6%, so it's worth putting in a little bit of effort to get it.

Offline spikec

« Reply #1804 on: March 31, 2017, 02:57:38 pm »
Ah cool, didn't see that discount page at TEquipment, thanks for the heads up!  Guess I'll wait and see if I can get the EEVblog code, but good to know it's not much different.

Elf

« Reply #1805 on: April 01, 2017, 01:23:36 am »
Is it possible for me to get the code from here?  I just joined the forums, but I've been following on youtube for quite some time. [...]
Hi spikec, I am volunteering to help with the discount code.

Would you be able to provide more content to the forum first? For example, outlining a problem you might need assistance with, helping someone out with a detailed answer to a question, providing some knowledge you might have for an ongoing thread, etc.

For reference, see the policy below:
Please understand, we need to verify you're a genuine human & contributing to the forum first for a bit via posts (questions, answers, comments; it doesn't matter so long as it's not worthless fluff just to increase a post count for example). The verification isn't automated, so expect it to take some time.  :) It's also a means of urging new members to participate, as in the past, we had to manually purge over 17k dormant accounts of those that only signed up to get the code and were never heard from again.

The reason behind all of this, is the code was just changed recently to solve a breach of TEquipment's main rule, which is don't post it publicly (it was found on a coupon site). And since most members do have to watch their pennies, this is a very big deal to EEVBlog members as well as TEquipment (small margins on the type of stuff most hobbyists buy, so they aren't willing/able to lose 6% of it across the board). Self-policing to keep the code active in a nutshell.  ;)

All we ask, is please be patient and follow the participation requirement (don't be afraid to post as we don't allow the hostility/personal attacks you tend to see elsewhere), and someone will distribute the code to you in the very near future.  ;)

If you don't get it, re-submit a post requesting the code again after participating for a bit (we're human, and things do get buried/forgotten). If this does happen, please realize it's a mistake, not a snub (a new member =  :-+).   :-[

You're patience is appreciated.  :)

Offline raspberrypi

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1806 on: April 01, 2017, 03:38:50 am »
Everyone.  I would like to set up some special EEVblog member pricing on tequipment.
Would that be of interest?  I dont want to spam the boards so I thought I would just post this.

Thanks everyone and Dave,
Evan Cirelli

TEquipment.NET
  ;D

Discounts on Tea equipment; 1/2 off all tea balls and mugs.
I'm legally blind so sometimes I ask obvious questions, but its because I can't see well.

Offline yuzuha

• Contributor
  • Retired mainframe computer programmer
« Reply #1807 on: April 01, 2017, 04:41:40 am »
Hey Elf, could I get the discount code?   
BTW, you like Deedlit from "Record of the Lodoss War" (guy at work got me into anime, and I rather like that one) or  just using an elf avatar?
Pamela "Sue ikki
mi hatenu yume no
hotsure kana"

Elf

« Reply #1808 on: April 01, 2017, 05:00:15 am »
Discounts on Tea equipment; 1/2 off all tea balls and mugs.

Hey Elf, could I get the discount code?
PM sent
BTW, you like Deedlit from "Record of the Lodoss War" (guy at work got me into anime, and I rather like that one)
Yes :)

Offline dermeister

• Contributor
« Reply #1809 on: April 01, 2017, 08:43:09 pm »
Hi, could I also please have the code? Looking into buying a fume extractor. Thanks!

Elf

« Reply #1810 on: April 02, 2017, 01:49:21 am »
Hi, could I also please have the code? Looking into buying a fume extractor. Thanks!
PM sent

Offline DougM

• Contributor
« Reply #1811 on: April 03, 2017, 12:19:10 am »
Hi,
Can I please have the code. I'm pretty seriously interested in getting a new 'scope. I don't *need* one, but I'd *like* one. A bit of a discount will likely push me over the edge!
Regards,
Doug

Elf

« Reply #1812 on: April 04, 2017, 01:49:05 am »
Can I please have the code.
PM sent

Offline DougM

• Contributor
« Reply #1813 on: April 04, 2017, 04:11:21 am »

Offline tequipmentTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • TEquipment
« Reply #1814 on: April 04, 2017, 03:50:08 pm »
Thanks everyone for taking care of this.

Evan Cirelli

Vice President and CO-Founder

Offline sky@eevblog

• Contributor
« Reply #1815 on: April 04, 2017, 03:54:17 pm »
Kindly ask to share the code with me.

Elf

« Reply #1816 on: April 06, 2017, 03:51:03 am »
Kindly ask to share the code with me.
PM sent

Thanks everyone for taking care of this.
Thank you for providing the discount :)

Offline Byachna

« Reply #1817 on: April 08, 2017, 02:16:38 pm »
I finally made up my mind and plan on purchasing a greenlee 860A today from tequipment! Is this code still active?

Thanks,
Brandon

Offline wizm

« Reply #1818 on: April 08, 2017, 07:05:27 pm »
Hello, I'm new in forum, but plan to buy some equipment. Can I please have the code for discount. Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 07:12:55 pm by wizm »

Elf

« Reply #1819 on: April 08, 2017, 11:50:28 pm »
I finally made up my mind and plan on purchasing a greenlee 860A today from tequipment! Is this code still active?

Hello, I'm new in forum, but plan to buy some equipment. Can I please have the code for discount. Thanks!

Hi all,

Please see the policy below:
Please understand, we need to verify you're a genuine human & contributing to the forum first for a bit via posts (questions, answers, comments; it doesn't matter so long as it's not worthless fluff just to increase a post count for example). The verification isn't automated, so expect it to take some time.  :) It's also a means of urging new members to participate, as in the past, we had to manually purge over 17k dormant accounts of those that only signed up to get the code and were never heard from again.

The reason behind all of this, is the code was just changed recently to solve a breach of TEquipment's main rule, which is don't post it publicly (it was found on a coupon site). And since most members do have to watch their pennies, this is a very big deal to EEVBlog members as well as TEquipment (small margins on the type of stuff most hobbyists buy, so they aren't willing/able to lose 6% of it across the board). Self-policing to keep the code active in a nutshell.  ;)

All we ask, is please be patient and follow the participation requirement (don't be afraid to post as we don't allow the hostility/personal attacks you tend to see elsewhere), and someone will distribute the code to you in the very near future.  ;)

If you don't get it, re-submit a post requesting the code again after participating for a bit (we're human, and things do get buried/forgotten). If this does happen, please realize it's a mistake, not a snub (a new member =  :-+).   :-[

The following users thanked this post: wizm

Offline kkessler

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1820 on: April 09, 2017, 12:55:40 am »
I've had the code in the past, but it has changed.  May I have the new code?

Thanks
Kevin Kessler

Elf

« Reply #1821 on: April 09, 2017, 04:41:19 pm »
I've had the code in the past, but it has changed.  May I have the new code?
PM sent

Offline mdesfosses

« Reply #1822 on: April 10, 2017, 01:32:13 am »
Looking to purchase a Fluke multimeter. Anyone has the code ? Thx guys !  :-DMM

Elf

« Reply #1823 on: April 10, 2017, 02:51:57 am »
Looking to purchase a Fluke multimeter. Anyone has the code ? Thx guys !  :-DMM
Hi mdesfosses, I am volunteering to help with the discount code.

I would be glad to distribute the code, but would you be able to provide more content to the forum first? Please see below:

Offline KrissFr

« Reply #1824 on: April 18, 2017, 05:47:25 am »
Hi,

Is there any coupon code for european sellers (which ones?) ?

Thanks
"Nous cherchons à apprendre par l'expérience puis à faire encore mieux."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf