Author Topic: REVIEW - Owon SDS7102 - A look at the SDS series from Owon  (Read 1325978 times)

Offline lemon

• Frequent Contributor
Re: REVIEW - Owon SDS7102 - A look at the SDS series from Owon
« Reply #1250 on: June 11, 2013, 11:43:44 am »
Thanks for the reminder "rf-loop" but from what I read, you had two channel generator for this measurement.

Although Dave says that it is not a total review of this scope, I have done a comparison with SDS7102 at last fw.
Let us summarize what Dave's finding to this scope, minus and plus.

I am not native in english language, please be patient about this.

Minus signs
1) the unit interface with complex menus. Not ergonomical and function with many jumps between buttons. For me it is true, with a time you learn this but OK isn't ergonomically. -> True.

2) the unit glides easy if you push the upper buttons. Yes it is true and there is some solution if you add some elastic naterial at its shoes. -> True

3) there is some amount of dc offset -> False, it needs calibration

4) there is no any fine mode at Volts & Time Divisions ->True, it is basic fw function that missing

5) some amount of alias of curve at running or stopped mode at 10K depth of memory (Daves uses sine signal at 1MHz). I am not an expert but it is normal if the memory length is under 2 times from signal frequency. It needs some attention and knowledge from the user. True or False (depend).

6) you can't change the lenght of memory depth at stopped mode. -> True.

7) at the Time Menu you can't choice specific area, you can only choice the time window to zoom - False the Horizontal Position Button doing this.

8 ) there is a break at the copy function. Dave doesn't give us the information what he is done with menus (external copy or internal) or if he done format at the stick with FAT or NTFS System. It is uncommon, however. -> False

9) there is a low wave frame update rate in unit, almost 25-35fps in all depth memory sets. -> I am not expert of this. If you attach the trigger output to Ch2, yes it is true the maximun trigger frequency at Ch2 is 35Hz. But I don't know what is really the trigger output of Owon and if this is really wfps! -> True with caution!

10) some kind of glitching at Ch1, when pressed the menu of Ch2 -> False at SDS7102

Plus signs
1) Large, crispy with good resolution, well angle view of display

2) Thin unit and no heavy. Battery option

3) Good software information at screen, when the unit does a BW limit under 5mV.

4) Pushable all buttons.

5) The way of trigger presentation at screen for both channels (like alternative trigger position).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:45:25 am by lemon »

Offline mswhin63

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1251 on: June 11, 2013, 01:02:54 pm »
Hi Lemon,

Nice touch, just some points worth of note, I would say i have the latest version scope, not entirely sure but in the Minus section

1)  The menus are complex but after a short time they are relatively easy to use. I can see the reason for the display layout but that will be user preference and possibly the designer. Marmad point this out that while the menus are up the centre of the screen is not impeded. So this is more user define issue, but I don't find it a fail at least.  I don't press many button all the time so the ergonomics can be an issue if you press lots of button all the time but I have to agree there need to be a bit more thought in some functions.

2) The unit no longer glides easily, I can now press any button on the scope with one finger and it won't slide either with the feet in or out. Fix  It does though slightly lift up just before the buttons activate. Don't think that can be fixed without more weight.

3) DC Offset calibration was mentioned in the review and a retraction made I think.

From this point i have only ever used an analogue scope. This is sort why i needed a lot of reviews and information to decide.

I think it is a good scope for it's price $469.00 including delivery I don't think I will "bork" at it. I an't afford a more expensive one at this time so I will make do. Would make a good portable though.

"bork" (Aussie slang don't know how to spell it only know how to say it)

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #1252 on: June 11, 2013, 01:09:57 pm »
Thanks for the reminder "rf-loop" but from what I read, you had two channel generator for this measurement.

Yes. But one signal to oscilloscope (CH1).

For sure regognize these pulses there need be some difference. Most easy in many cases is generate two pulse with different pulse wide. Of course diffeence may also be level or both or some other difference as example different rising speed etc. (I have used different wide and different voltage so it was more easy detect with eyes. (also without persistence where first pulse just fast blinks (TFT update period)).

Signal generator channel A give first pulse and channel B give second pulse after adjustable delay.
These two pulses go to passive combiner input ports and combiner output signal go to oscilloscope CH1.   So oscilloscope see first pulse, say example  10ns wide pulse  and after adjusted delay there come example 20ns wide pulse. On the oscilloscope screen there can now easy wath that both pulses are displayed starting same trigger position.  Scope is waiting trigger. First pulse occurs and scope trig and scapture it and it can see on the display but just after delay, there come second pulse and it can agen trig to this pulse and it show also this second pulse on the display.
It means that scope can capture and show new waveform after this delay.
Delay need adjust from zero to value until scope can trig to this second pulse also. If time is very small it can see on the display just after first pulse. Then rise delay... second pulse is out from display... maybe still captured if stop scope and zoom/scroll it visible. If delay is more... it occurs in scope dead time and scope is "blind" for this pulse.  If  add more and more delay there come agen situation where scope is agen ready for trig and capture new waveform. Now this second pulse rising edge is just same position (trigger point) where was this first pulse. When add delay just this point when it start trig to this second pulse after first trigged to first pulse is this time in table.

I hope you can understand this finglish language.   

I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1253 on: June 11, 2013, 01:14:17 pm »

2) The unit no longer glides easily, I can now press any button on the scope with one finger and it won't slide either with the feet in or out.

Do you have version where backside feets have pieces of black rubber?
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline lemon

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1254 on: June 11, 2013, 03:18:30 pm »
@rf-loop = I understood your method by 90%, but my generator is one channel and I can't to try it.
@mswhin63 = You mean that your scope has double rubber at its feet or make with diy approach yours "rubber feet".

I am thinking to summarize  the fw changes that we need and send them to Owon, like fine mode of Volts & Time Div., the capability to change the resolution of depth memory at stopped mode e.t.c

Can you submit your suggestions?

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1255 on: June 11, 2013, 04:20:23 pm »
If someone think "what rubber".
Time ago Owon made small changes to these back foots.
There is a small pits for rubber pieces so it is less slippery.

Offline mswhin63

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1256 on: June 11, 2013, 11:52:08 pm »
If someone think "what rubber".
Time ago Owon made small changes to these back foots.
There is a small pits for rubber pieces so it is less slippery.

Yep that is correct, the same rubber feet as rf-loop

Offline EU1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1257 on: June 12, 2013, 12:14:52 am »
5$ on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-pcs-Brushless-DC-Cooling-11-Blade-Fan-6010s-12V-60x60x10mm-2-Wires-/160896610367?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25762f703f
I guess the following one would fit better: http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?WT.z_header=search_go&lang=en&site=us&keywords=603-1406-ND&x=-1708&y=-51
Its impeller is of the same shape as the impeller of the original FAN and its motor has slightly better specs with the same current consumption.
And, of course, Delta is much better than noname.

MC68k

« Reply #1258 on: June 12, 2013, 12:53:57 am »

Perhaps your HW is 7102 1143xxx ?

Do you have any start up problem or any problem during use. Only problem is led color or any other problem?
You tell that FAN speed also drop.

I have a similar case, model number Owon 7102 1246099

After a certain time the system begins to slow down and finally it doesn't respond at all. No knobs are working. The display shows the measured waveform. Sometimes it works for weeks w/o any problem, but sometimes it won't work at all for, only display is functioning.

I have purchased this unit brand new in 2013 february. The problem appeared first time during the initial test.

Do You have any idea what can cause this issue?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 01:36:39 am by MC68k »

Offline TomC

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1259 on: June 12, 2013, 03:31:35 am »

The member marmad has suggest a method for wfps measurement, but the Owon hasn't the choice "both of" on pulse triggering.

"marmad" have kindly suggested also other method.

Result with this other method is in this thread message "Reply #1227 on: June 09, 2013, 06:13:08 AM »"

No need scroll back, here is agen this result table:

After capture and display waveform Owon can trig agen and capture next waveform after 2.35ms and show this captured waveform also on the display. TFT update speed is of course more slower.  (and Owon trig out what is not real trig out exept with very slow speeds, just as I have told, it can ring bell in rest room that scope have trigged if it was waiting state leaved in lab.

It took me a little while to understand exactly how this test works. Unfortunately, I don't have the appropriate signal generator to try it for myself. The table reflects that the refresh rate of the units you tested is far better than the 35 wfm/s reported by other members. To make sure I understand this correctly I'd like to restate the results shown on your table a little bit differently. Let me know if I got it wrong.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depending on the setting of the time base the screen refresh rate of the SDS7102 falls in the following ranges:

Acquire Length              Screen Refresh Rate
-----------------              -----------------------

1K                                 76.9 - 425.5 wfm/s
10K                               65.8 - 404.9 wfm/s
100K                             62.5 - 390.6 wfm/s
1M                                 40 - 288 wfm/s
10M                               10.5 - 80 wfm/s

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this interpretation is correct it should put to rest the notion that the SDS7102 refresh rate is subpar compared to other DSOs in its price range. Thanks for the excellent data. I'm sure it took quite a bit of time and effort to compile it.

Edit:
Yes, it is wrong.

My opinion is: With this double pulse method can not proof continuous waveform update speed.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 05:09:14 pm by TomC »

Offline marmadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
« Reply #1260 on: June 12, 2013, 04:04:47 am »
Depending on the setting of the time base the screen refresh rate of the SDS7102 falls in the following ranges:

If this interpretation is correct it should put to rest the notion that the SDS7102 refresh rate is subpar compared to other DSOs in its price range. Thanks for the excellent data. I'm sure it took quite a bit of time and effort to compile it.

Tom - this is unverified data and don't think it's helpful to spread what amounts to (from all we know until now) misinformation. Whether or not the Owon can capture a single pair of waveforms (or a few in a row) in this amount of time is irrelevant: the Owon is a DSO that has a slow continuous waveform update rate - there is absolutely no doubt about that. Not only is it readily apparent when you use the device - it has been confirmed in many ways: from numerous glitch tests I ran almost two years ago - to Dave's simple glitch demonstration in his video - to email confirmation from Owon themselves.

The Trigger Out rates repeated over and over in this thread - and measured again by Dave in his video - ARE the waveform update rates of this DSO (or very close to them) - this is what Owon confirmed in writing a long time ago already. Please don't try to convince people that it's otherwise unless there is some definitive proof beyond this chart.

I have used the Rigol DS1052E, the Owon SDS7102, the Hantek DSO5062B, and now the Rigol DS2000. The Owon was absolutely, without a doubt, the slowest of all these by a significant margin.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:43:34 am by marmad »

Offline TomC

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1261 on: June 12, 2013, 05:33:51 am »

Tom - this is unverified data and don't think it's helpful to spread what amounts to (from all we know until now) misinformation. Whether or not the Owon can capture a single pair of waveforms (or a few in a row) in this amount of time is irrelevant: the Owon is a DSO that has a slow continuous waveform update rate - there is absolutely no doubt about that. Not only is it readily apparent when you use the device - it has been confirmed in many ways: from numerous glitch tests I ran almost two years ago - to Dave's simple glitch demonstration in his video - to email confirmation from Owon themselves.

The Trigger Out rates repeated over and over in this thread - and measured again by Dave in his video - ARE the waveform update rates of this DSO (or very close to them) - this is what Owon confirmed in writing a long time ago already. Please don't try to convince people that it's otherwise unless there is some definitive proof beyond this chart.

I have used the Rigol DS1052E, the Owon SDS7102, the Hantek DSO5062B, and now the Rigol DS2000. The Owon was absolutely, without a doubt, the slowest of all these by a significant margin.

Thanks for the reply and the rebuttal. As I stated, I'm unable to verify this chart. So if it looks like I'm trying to sway peoples opinions, it wasn't my intention. As a new member of this forum, I'm amazed at the number of knowledgeable people like yourself that contribute to its popularity. For this reason, I doubt that my post will be misconstrued as gospel and taken at face value.

I've been able to verify the Trigger Out rates using a second scope, and if this is a reliable method for determining the refresh rate, I can confirm that the refresh rates I detected agree with yours and Dave's findings. However, I'm sure you have read, that the reliability of this method has been put in question. So I'm looking forward to additional discussion, clarifications, and tests results. Perhaps something has changed since you tested this hardware 2 years ago. If that's the case, I surely would like to know. If the chart posted by rf-loop is misinformation, I would like to know that too!

Offline lemon

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1262 on: June 12, 2013, 08:56:19 am »
About wfps for Owon SDS7102.

Guys I'm not an expert, but If I connected the trigger output (P/F) of Owon to a multimeter like Fluke45 at Frequency Postition, can you tell me what really measures with that? Is this appropriate for wfps measures?
If it yes, then Owon measures from low 10Hz (10M) to 450Hz(1K).

Unfortunately, the Owon dosen't have the Trigger "Both of" (rising time) and the rf-loop method needs a signal generator with a double channels.

Offline lemon

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1263 on: June 12, 2013, 08:57:35 am »

Perhaps your HW is 7102 1143xxx ?

Do you have any start up problem or any problem during use. Only problem is led color or any other problem?
You tell that FAN speed also drop.

I have a similar case, model number Owon 7102 1246099

After a certain time the system begins to slow down and finally it doesn't respond at all. No knobs are working. The display shows the measured waveform. Sometimes it works for weeks w/o any problem, but sometimes it won't work at all for, only display is functioning.

I have purchased this unit brand new in 2013 february. The problem appeared first time during the initial test.

Do You have any idea what can cause this issue?

Contact with Owon technical support immediately!

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
« Reply #1264 on: June 12, 2013, 10:09:04 am »

Guys I'm not an expert, but If I connected the trigger output (P/F) of Owon to a multimeter like Fluke45 at Frequency Postition, can you tell me what really measures with that? Is this appropriate for wfps measures?

And on what timebases do you measure these frequencies? If you'll recall, in Dave's video, he has a frequency counter hooked up to the Trigger Out, and he can never get it to read more than 35Hz - regardless of the sample length.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #1265 on: June 12, 2013, 10:14:45 am »
However, I'm sure you have read, that the reliability of this method has been put in question.

If the trigger output function is in question, then, well, the scope is faulty. Because a trigger out function is supposed to be just that. An output pulse that precisely matches the scope trigger rate.
There could of course in theory be a difference between the waveform trigger rate and how it processes and displays that information (it can't be faster of course, but could be slower), but that would also be a failure of the scope architecture IMO.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1266 on: June 12, 2013, 10:30:47 am »

Thanks for the reply and the rebuttal. As I stated, I'm unable to verify this chart. So if it looks like I'm trying to sway peoples opinions, it wasn't my intention. As a new member of this forum, I'm amazed at the number of knowledgeable people like yourself that contribute to its popularity. For this reason, I doubt that my post will be misconstrued as gospel and taken at face value.

I've been able to verify the Trigger Out rates using a second scope, and if this is a reliable method for determining the refresh rate, I can confirm that the refresh rates I detected agree with yours and Dave's findings. However, I'm sure you have read, that the reliability of this method has been put in question. So I'm looking forward to additional discussion, clarifications, and tests results. Perhaps something has changed since you tested this hardware 2 years ago. If that's the case, I surely would like to know.

If the chart posted by rf-loop is misinformation, I would like to know that too!

It is really carefully checked and not only one time tested.
But, it need carefully note that there is not claim for continuous waveform capture rate!
Table is just true if follow exactly what there read but only it.

I hope someone have equipments and time to verify it so we can leave these "unverified" comments to garbage. I can say that many of tests on this whole forum are "unverified". 

If someone live in Finland and want own eyes check these results, just welcome to check.

lemon:  this is not rf-loop method.  It is  marmad published method.

Then comment for example Hantek.
If Hantek is selected 1M memory and Owon is selected 1M memory Owon is not only marginally faster. It is much faster. This is not opinion. This I know. But this is not so relevant here and it have discussed many times before.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:36:37 am by rf-loop »

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
« Reply #1267 on: June 12, 2013, 10:35:31 am »
This is from a long email exchange I had with Owon in August of 2011 (they knew I was the 'marmad' who had posted the video review of the DSO). At that time, the highest frequency I could measure from Trigger Out was 25Hz (according to previous posts by rf-loop, they have increased this over the last 2 years to around 35Hz).

I wrote to Owon:
"The fastest speed I ever see on the Pass/Fail tests is about 18 times per second  - which, in comparison, is about ½ the speed of the Rigol DS1052E – a cheaper and slower scope.  I suppose my bigger worry is what the speed of these tests (and the Trigger Out) indicate about the waveform update rates and the ‘dead’ time (or ‘blind’ time) of the scope.
With Trigger Out, I always see output in the range of ~1 – 25Hz only, which would tend to indicate 1 – 25 waveforms per second – or a ‘blind’ time, for example, at 200ns/div, of 99.99%.
Can you please let me know if I am incorrect and the waveform update rate for the Owon SDS7102 is faster than this?"

Owon wrote to me:
"The waveform updated rate you mentioned is correct, unlike DS1052E (LCD display is 320*234), ours is 800*600 pixels, so there is more work for DSO to handle with, which result in updated rate is lower."

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
« Reply #1268 on: June 12, 2013, 10:43:08 am »
But, it need carefully note that there is not claim for continuous waveform capture rate!

Which is exactly what I was referring to when I wrote "unverified": as continuous waveform capture rate. When Tom writes those data in the form of HZ, he's implying they are continuous.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1269 on: June 12, 2013, 11:15:08 am »

Which is exactly what I was referring to when I wrote "unverified": as continuous waveform capture rate. When Tom writes those data in the form of HZ, he's implying they are continuous.

Yes, it is wrong.

My opinion is: With this double pulse method can not proof continuous waveform update speed.

But still result from Owon is markable becouse it tell that it can trig to random occurence before it can expect if use max continuous average waveform update rate for thinking. So, inside this some low average speed it can do momentarily also capture much faster.  And this duble pulse method show this fastest possible retrig/capture period.   There is not DPO memory for collect many of these over each others, there can be perhaps just one waveform waiting in sampling buffer for transfer to memory where from it displayed?

Also my old  photograph method supports the idea that the average maximum is around 35wfrm/s. And  perhaps I have now some explanation why in my old photograph method these waveforms traces on the screen have sometimes markable different spacing but in theory they need be nearly same spacing becouse signal sweep was linear. Becouse it can trig and capture faster. (but not continuously)

One old test image sample is here.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:27:46 am by rf-loop »

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
« Reply #1270 on: June 12, 2013, 11:28:12 am »
Yes, it is wrong.

But still result from Owon is markable becouse it tell that it can trig to random occurence before it can expect if use max continuous average waveform update rate for thinking. So, inside this some low average speed it can do momentarily also capture much faster.  And this duble pulse method show this fastest possible retrig/capture period.   There is not DPO memory for collect many of these over each others, there can be perhaps just one waveform waiting in sampling buffer for transfer to memory where from it displayed?

Also my old  photograph method supports the idea that the average maximum is around 35wfrm/s. And  perhaps I have now some explanation why in my old photograph method these waveforms traces on the screen have sometimes markable different spacing but in theory they need be nearly same spacing becouse signal sweep was linear. Becouse it can trig and capture faster. (but not continuously)

Agreed. We all know that the hardware in the Owon is good - and is likely 'held back' in ways by firmware architecture.

I just think firmware is not Owon's cup of tea. I wish they would realize that and make the decision to sell an 'open' version of the SDS with an SDK for coders and hackers to roll their own firmware. I think within 6-9 months, there would be really interesting (and faster) versions of firmware for it - and Owon would sell more of them then ever. But I guess this will never be the Chinese way.

Offline TomC

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1271 on: June 12, 2013, 05:22:05 pm »

And on what timebases do you measure these frequencies? If you'll recall, in Dave's video, he has a frequency counter hooked up to the Trigger Out, and he can never get it to read more than 35Hz - regardless of the sample length.

I got readings similar to Lemon's with a frequency counter, but apparently the signal is mixed with some low level noise and can fool some frequency counters into registering higher frequencies. Using a second scope to view this signal cleared this up for me, the duration of a cycle is never less than around 30ms. However the duty cycle varies quite a bit depending on the time base and acquire length settings on the Owon.

Offline lemon

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1272 on: June 12, 2013, 06:05:13 pm »

Yeap "marmad" I have seen the measurement with the Agilent Frequency Counter that Daves presentated and for that reason I''ll tried to do same with my multimeter a Fluke45.

I don't want to prove something but it was my curiosity and for this reason I asked Daves what fw has the SDS9302.

My Owon is SDS7102V with 12118XX serial number and the last 3.3 patch fw.

I have try the following test in two Fluke45 multimeters (Frequency position, 5Hz-1MHz), this video is from the newer of them.

As I told many times, I don't speak the english language well and of cource in this video I don't try to speak!

At the begging of video I have attached the generator output (Hameg 10MHz function generator) to the Fluke and test the accuracy of frequency at three different frequencies, at the last I choosed the 0.98MHz (cause 1MHz limit of Fluke45) because Dave's test was with 1MHz frequency.
I zoomed between oscilloscope screen and fluke screen because my video isn't a HD. The video with Fluke and Owon at the same image isn't clearly! For that reason I prefered a zoomed area, now the interesting areas are clearly!

I started with Memory Depth of 1K, with almost all time range of oscilloscope and keep this method of presantation to the others 10K,100K, 1M (I jumped this), 10M. All the time the Fluke demonstates the frequency capture.

Initial the capture is for Ch1 (activate), Ch2 is deactivated. At the end, I activated both of them (measuring at 1K) because I saw that Frequency of Trigger Output is increased with both of them.

I know that Fluke45 isn't a Frequency counter but has a Frequency measurement function. If I connect the Trigger Output (TTL) of Hameg generator to Fluke45, it measures the frequency output of genarator (at my example 0.98MHz). But here what measures really the Fluke from Owon?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:07:59 pm by lemon »

Offline TomC

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1273 on: June 12, 2013, 06:16:58 pm »

One old test image sample is here.

So as I understand it now, within 1 sec, the Owon consistently triggers at least once, within a time period that is substantially shorter than its average or continuous screen refresh rate. However, the average/continuous refresh rate never exceeds about 35wfm/s. Again, let me know if I got it wrong!

If this is correct, it should be good news for those interested in catching glitches with this DSO. It seems it would increase the odds of the Owon catching a recurring glitch, even if its recurring rate is close to the Owon's continuous refresh rate. Still, my opinion is that it would be far better to use a DPO for this job.

(and Owon trig out what is not real trig out exept with very slow speeds, just as I have told, it can ring bell in rest room that scope have trigged if it was waiting state leaved in lab.

Would you care to clarify this comment. I tend to agree with Dave's comment that the Trig Out should be a true representation of the scope's trigger. Or do you have some inside information that this is not a real trigger out and thus using it to evaluate the scope's refresh rate will lead to erroneous conclusions?

Offline mswhin63

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1274 on: June 13, 2013, 12:48:48 am »
Hi Marmad,

I have to apologise for this post, instead of deleting it I have struck it through to display my anger at the time and with myself.

A couple of things haven't changed but one thing this thread is too long now and need to a fully updated. Mentioned this and reason why in the other thread, too long to repeat.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/eevblog-480-300mhz-owon-sds-oscilloscope/msg245986/#msg245986

Cheers

Daves review says a lot about the original review for this thread (CRAP  :--). That is the review by the way. Otherwise this thread would have died ages ago along with the scope.

Just to say there are some pretty useless reviewers out there.  :--

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf