Author Topic: Atten ADS1102CNL  (Read 7822 times)

Offline illyesgezaTopic starter

• Contributor
Atten ADS1102CNL
« on: April 19, 2013, 01:02:58 pm »
I have updated the firmware of my ATTEN ADS1102CAL with the SIGLENT SDA1102CNL firmware (SDS1000CNL_SSP_V100R005B01D02P13)
Now in the System Status menu I have:
Software version 5.01.02.13
Harware Version  10-61-3.3
Product Type     SDS1102CNL
The serial nuber is the old ADSxxxxxxxxxx

Everything works normaly BUT !!!!!!
I can't find a proper USB driver for USBMTC device
Before the upgrade the EASYSCOPE 3 program has found my scope using the UOWORD.SYS driver
Now the program can't find the scope

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
Re: Atten ADS1102CNL
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 06:47:16 pm »
out of curiosity, did you compared the hardware before you updated firmware? I think they updated the hardware in CNL model ...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 10:07:54 am by tinhead »
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline Deckert

• Regular Contributor
    • TechBench
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 08:42:17 pm »
I have updated the firmware of my ATTEN ADS1102CAL with the SIGLENT SDA1102CNL firmware (SDS1000CNL_SSP_V100R005B01D02P13)
Now in the System Status menu I have:

I can't find a proper USB driver for USBMTC device
Before the upgrade the EASYSCOPE 3 program has found my scope using the UOWORD.SYS driver
Now the program can't find the scope

I think they updated the USB device IDs with the new firmware. Have you tried downloading the new EasyScope X software from the Siglent site? It looks a lot better (support SCPI, etc) and more refined. Easyscope X does not find my scope, but then again I can't upgrade to the V5 firmware.

--deckert

Offline valentinc

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 08:47:49 pm »
My Siglent SDS1072CML with 5.01.02.13 firmware does not work with the provided UWORD.SYS driver and with the NI VISA software the EasyScope X does not see it. Does anybody encountered this problem so far ?

And I have the same problem with my Siglent SDG1020 function generator...

Forgot to mention one important thing about the .inf files on the CD provided with the scope and AWG: the real hardware ID does not correspond to the one in the INF file... And even if I modify the INF file, Windows will install the driver, but the software won't see it ...
Valentin

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 08:57:00 am »
from where did you download EasyScope X
I can't find any good link

Offline valentinc

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 09:51:38 am »
Service -- > Download Center --> Software on the Siglent website. You need to have an account on their website in order to have access to the downloads.

Anyway, I have the same problem with the software that came on the CD and the one on their site... No difference at all. None sees the scope. Because their drivers does not work. And their software is not compatible with NI VISA ... (it should be according to what they say in the manual, but it's not)
Valentin

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 07:36:47 am »
I have downloaded from NationalInstruments the "visa530full.exe" package
After inatall the EasyScope 3 program still not found the scope
In Windows the scope is installed as "USB Test and Measurement Devices" with the devicedriver named "ausbmtc.sys"
I think that The EasyScope 3 have a bug, because with EasyWave program I can download the data from the scope
despite that the native devicedriver of EasyWave is "brus.sys"
My question is:
Is that anybody outthere with a Siglent ADS1102CNL (or any Siglent 1000 series) on which the EasyScope3 is working
And can he(she) tell me what kind of USB device is that Siglent (in widows device manager)

Offline bluey

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 10:02:57 pm »
Siglent has been responding over at https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1102cml-first-impressions/30/

Suggest try NI-VISA 5.1.2 - worked for me on Siglent scope.

Offline Siglent

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 01:02:36 am »
I have downloaded from NationalInstruments the "visa530full.exe" package
After inatall the EasyScope 3 program still not found the scope
In Windows the scope is installed as "USB Test and Measurement Devices" with the devicedriver named "ausbmtc.sys"
I think that The EasyScope 3 have a bug, because with EasyWave program I can download the data from the scope
despite that the native devicedriver of EasyWave is "brus.sys"
My question is:
Is that anybody outthere with a Siglent ADS1102CNL (or any Siglent 1000 series) on which the EasyScope3 is working
And can he(she) tell me what kind of USB device is that Siglent (in widows device manager)

You can install the NI_VISA 5.1.2 (windows 7-64bit)
The Best Value in Electronic Test & Measurement

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf