Author Topic: UNI-T UT61E Multimeter teardown photos.  (Read 722723 times)

Offline Wartex

• Frequent Contributor
    • http://headsplosive.com
Re: UNI-T UT61E Multimeter teardown photos.
« Reply #325 on: September 27, 2012, 12:50:28 pm »
This topic seriously needs to die. The discussion has been beat to death. Yes, we get it, you all have UT61E. It's still a POS meter. It has turned into a UNI-T circle jerk.

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #326 on: September 27, 2012, 02:18:50 pm »
This topic seriously needs to die. The discussion has been beat to death. Yes, we get it, you all have UT61E. It's still a POS meter. It has turned into a UNI-T circle jerk.

Yes, we get it, you have more money to spend than us. Good for you, you still behave like a spoilt 12 year old, apparently.

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #327 on: September 27, 2012, 03:14:00 pm »

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:39:05 pm by PedroDaGr8 »
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P
« Reply #328 on: September 27, 2012, 05:30:26 pm »
POS?  ;) Really? Show me a 100$ meter that does 22000 counts with True RMS

Offline Wartex

• Frequent Contributor
    • http://headsplosive.com
« Reply #329 on: September 28, 2012, 04:24:59 am »

For $100 I can get a used Fluke 8840 that will totally assrape this thing, with proper GPIB and RMS option. As for handhelds, this will fall apart on a construction site. So if you want a fancy handheld that's great for sitting on a bench, this is a meter for you. I bought an out of spec Fluke 289 on ebay for $180 and calibrated it for additional $70, way better investment. This meter is a gimmick.

Online mariush

• Super Contributor
« Reply #330 on: September 28, 2012, 05:13:49 am »
This Uni-T UT61E is 60-65$, shipping included. 

Looking at eBay, I can't find that Fluke for 100$, only for $199 but my search skills may lack. Even if it were to be at 100$, we're talking almost twice the budget a user may have, and that's before calibration. The calibration itself costs more than what a single Uni-T 61E would cost!

Either way, it's NOT in the same category. Not handheld, not battery powered...

It's a meter for another segment of customers.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:57:44 pm by mariush »

Offline iloveelectronics

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #331 on: September 28, 2012, 05:47:02 am »

For $100 I can get a used Fluke 8840 that will totally assrape this thing, with proper GPIB and RMS option. As for handhelds, this will fall apart on a construction site. So if you want a fancy handheld that's great for sitting on a bench, this is a meter for you. I bought an out of spec Fluke 289 on ebay for $180 and calibrated it for additional $70, way better investment. This meter is a gimmick.

I don't think it's fair to compare these Fluke meters you mentioned with the UT-61E, for the following reasons:

1. Price - you simply can't compare a $50-60 meter (new and comes with all accessories) with something that costs $100-200+ used. They don't really compete in the same segment of the market.

2. Size - a bench meter takes up a much bigger footprint. Even the 289 is a much larger meter than the Uni-T. Not everyone has a spacious work bench. My "work bench" is only 2.5 x 1 ft (plus a shelf even shallower). Every square inch in my case counts. And no I can't afford any bigger space as properties in my country now cost US$1k+ per square FOOT!!

I completely agree that a Fluke would be a much more solid choice if one actually had the option to go for it, but in some cases they are simply not a viable choice. For hobbyists like myself, who doesn't need to carry a meter to a construction site and isn't really that fussy about 0.01% accuracy, something like the 61E would actually more than suffice.

My email address: franky @ 99centHobbies . com
My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

Offline Tepe

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Re: UNI-T UT61E Multimeter teardown photos.
« Reply #332 on: September 28, 2012, 05:57:12 am »
For $100 I can get a used Fluke 8840 that will totally assrape this thing, with proper GPIB and RMS option. As for handhelds, this will fall apart on a construction site.
You are shooting in all directions now. Bench meters, construction sites. Be coherent, man.

Offline David_AVD

• Super Contributor
« Reply #333 on: September 28, 2012, 09:12:31 am »
Heh, sounds like someone got up on the wrong side of the bench!   ;D

Don't like the thread?  Don't read it!  Very simple.   :)

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P
« Reply #334 on: September 28, 2012, 09:21:42 am »
Heh, scratch that. A brand new 40-50$ (if you got it from china) meter with RS232, peak hold 22000counts and True RMS don't even talk about used
Found any meter with better value? And of course fluke 87s that go for 100$ is a scam operation

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #335 on: September 28, 2012, 01:25:26 pm »

For $100 I can get a used Fluke 8840 that will totally assrape this thing, with proper GPIB and RMS option.

Good for you. I cannot get a Fluke 8840 at all, and I certainly can't afford one when spending half that much gets me a tool entirely appropriate for my usage.

As for handhelds, this will fall apart on a construction site.

Perhaps it will. I don't use it on a construction site.

I bought an out of spec Fluke 289 on ebay for $180 and calibrated it for additional $70, way better investment.

I don't have $180 and an additional $70 for a meter and even if I did, they aren't that cheap here. Yes, that's right, we don't all live in the US or their pet hat of a country with outrageously low prices for anything we want! Not much of an investment if you can't even make it.

This meter is a gimmick.

This meter is an affordable tool which works fine.

Shove off already. Nobody cares.

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
« Reply #336 on: September 28, 2012, 06:03:42 pm »
For $100 I can get a used Fluke 8840 that will totally assrape this thing, with proper GPIB and RMS option.
No you can't. At the time of posting the cheapest 8840A on ebay is $127.11 after shipping. More than DOUBLE the price of this meter. I paid $45 shipped for mine. So in that case your meter is THREE times more expensive. So its not a fair comparison. Yeah a porshe is faster than a Hon da. You pay three times more for the porshe. It doesn't mean the Honda is a POS, just its a different intended market based on price point alone.

As for handhelds, this will fall apart on a construction site. So if you want a fancy handheld that's great for sitting on a bench, this is a meter for you.
Umm not really. I have a Fluke 116 sitting on my bench right now at work, long story on why a chem lab needs a Fluke 116. I have compared them both and I would take the Uni-T hands down. Sorry I know that may offend your delicate sensibilities but quite simply the Uni-T is built much better than the Fluke 116. The Fluke feels less solid, the plastic feels cheaper, the display on the Fluke sucks in comparison, the backlight is functionally useless it is so dim, etc. Yeah it has its nice rubber case but quite simply if I dropped them both off the bench I wouldn't be surprised if the Fluke broke, I would be surprised if the Uni-T did. I am saying this quite objectively, I can't speak for ANY other model of Fluke but the 116 is not amazing quality. Good yes, amazing no.

I bought an out of spec Fluke 289 on ebay for $180 and calibrated it for additional $70, way better investment. This meter is a gimmick.
Hmm, not everyone needs or wants to spend $250 on a multimeter (now you are FIVE times the price of the Uni-T). I'm sure it made your e-penis feel bigger but other than that for most of us that meter is WAY WAY over kill. It's NOT a better investment its just throwing money down the drain on specs that we don't need. I could think of a lot of ways to spend the $200 difference that are a MUCH better investment for me. Lastly, a VICTOR meter is a gimmick. It's crap quality, doesn't meet the specs it claims etc. This meter is NOT a gimmick, its quite well made (its beats your precious Fluke quality in comparison to the 116) its been DOCUMENTED to meet the specs it claims. Not sure how that qualifies as a gimmick other than it doesn't inflate your e-penis.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline grumpydoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #337 on: September 28, 2012, 06:16:51 pm »

/          \       the trolls        |
                /      \     \                        |
               /   _    \     \ ----------------------
              /    |\____\     \     ||               
             /     | | | |\____/     ||               
            /       \|_|_|/   |    __||               
           /  /  \            |____| ||               
          /   |   | /|        |      --|               
          |   |   |//         |____  --|               
   * _    |  |_|_|_|          |     \-/               
*-- _--\ _ \     //           |                       
  /  _     \\ _ //   |        /                       
*  /   \_ /- | -     |       |                         
  *      ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________             

Offline torr032

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #338 on: September 28, 2012, 08:06:36 pm »
What do you guys think about UT60H, did anyone tried it, is it fast and accurate like 61E?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=19161512480&ali_trackid=2:mm_14507416_2297358_8935934:1348858112_4k7_636123950

I do need auto shut off and temperature measurement.

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
« Reply #339 on: September 28, 2012, 08:30:47 pm »
If you need the temperature measurement get a dedicated digital thermometer. I say this having a fluke 116 which does temperature as well. A decent quality digital thermometer isn't cheap but the accuracy will be way better. Additionally, you will be able to use the proper thermocouple for the job based on the temperature range you are measuring. Thats just my opinion.

Offline Rick

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #340 on: September 28, 2012, 11:18:27 pm »
If you are overseas don't use taobao or "englishtaobao" Use a taobao agent, much cheaper.

For me it works out so well and my agent is very trustable, only 7$ for the first 500g! and 4$ for the following 500g w/ EMS
And they pack so damn well, unlike DX!

Could you indicate their website ?
I found also one (several actually) but unlike yours the commission is 10% of the price of the product and the domestic shipping fee+ international shipping fee.
The prices are indeed very interesting.

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P
« Reply #341 on: September 29, 2012, 01:05:58 am »
My one is also 10% but there is no point in indicating unless you are in the same country as i am

Offline dimitrioptimus

• Contributor
« Reply #342 on: September 29, 2012, 11:18:38 am »
1>Let's say that  I purchased an item(in this case Ut 61e) & the product turns out defective or goes bad in 15days,then how would tabao agent can help in that case ?

2>Should tabao agent provides return shipping reimbursement like Dx ?

3>Is there any way that Tabao agent can cheat in any way ?

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #343 on: September 29, 2012, 12:15:39 pm »
1>Let's say that  I purchased an item(in this case Ut 61e) & the product turns out defective or goes bad in 15days,then how would tabao agent can help in that case ?

Really, these questions hardly make sense. A Taobao agent is no magical being. It is just some Internet business you can hire to act on your behalf. If an agent will help you even after the deal is done is anyone's guess. An agent will do what he likes to do. That could range from doing nothing to doing everything for you to get a replacement.

2>Should tabao agent provides return shipping reimbursement like Dx ?

An agent will do what he likes to do. That could range from providing nothing to providing everything for you to get a replacement.

3>Is there any way that Tabao agent can cheat in any way ?

In all the ways people can cheat. A Taobao agent is just some Internet business, typically located in China, doing business with foreign devils. They can pull all the tricks a business, an Internet business, and an Internet business in China can pull, especially when the customer is a foreign devils and has zero means to go after the agent. E.g. disappearing with your money over night, or sending you a brick instead of the multimeter.

That, and the seller might cheat on the agent. Using an agent means it becomes a three-party deal, and if any of the parties breaks the deal, there will be tears. How well an agent can or will protect you from the cheats of a malicious seller is something you will learn when it happens.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline Rick

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #344 on: September 29, 2012, 01:20:41 pm »
From what I understood the agent does not protect you at all. He is just a middleman. The deal is as good as the seller is. You need to find a good seller with "diamond" or "crown" icons displayed. I was told that the red hearts are no good. To be honest I have not made my mind up yet. Yes it is a risky business for those who are not in China.
Some sellers offer 7 days money back warranty but you cannot send the product back in 7 days unless you pay UPS or DHL... Then there is the language barrier...
I am just buying abroad because MS8218 is not available locally any more.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 01:25:36 pm by Rick »

Offline torr032

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #345 on: September 29, 2012, 09:13:42 pm »
If you need the temperature measurement get a dedicated digital thermometer. I say this having a fluke 116 which does temperature as well. A decent quality digital thermometer isn't cheap but the accuracy will be way better. Additionally, you will be able to use the proper thermocouple for the job based on the temperature range you are measuring. Thats just my opinion.

Maybe I could live without a thermometer, but without the auto shut off no way. I need the instrument for the electronics repair shop only, no field work.
Overexpensive fluke's are out of the question.

I see you guys are looking for the good taobao agent. I searched the whole net, contacted many agents and I have found the absolute best and the cheapest one. I've done many taobao shopping via this agent and spent quite a few bucks.  Its called alsotao:  http://www.alsotao.com/
Trust me you won't regret them, they are true professionals. For registration on their site, some previous member would have to recommend you. Just say "Ratko" recommend me. I know them all there and they know me very good, I'm one of the oldest members. You also have the live chat there, there are 4 young girls on the customer support. The girl with the nick "Cindy" is absolutely the best and the most helpful one.
This is just my way to thank them for being such a honest and reliable agent.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:18:53 pm by torr032 »

Offline Rick

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #346 on: October 02, 2012, 09:28:43 pm »

Maybe I could live without a thermometer, but without the auto shut off no way. I need the instrument for the electronics repair shop only, no field work.
Overexpensive fluke's are out of the question.

I see you guys are looking for the good taobao agent. I searched the whole net, contacted many agents and I have found the absolute best and the cheapest one. I've done many taobao shopping via this agent and spent quite a few bucks.  Its called alsotao:  http://www.alsotao.com/
Trust me you won't regret them, they are true professionals. For registration on their site, some previous member would have to recommend you. Just say "Ratko" recommend me. I know them all there and they know me very good, I'm one of the oldest members. You also have the live chat there, there are 4 young girls on the customer support. The girl with the nick "Cindy" is absolutely the best and the most helpful one.
This is just my way to thank them for being such a honest and reliable agent.

Right they look good. You can buy nice old analog oscilloscopes with low shipment costs and new multimeters and anything small in size and weight on taobao. But the new company I have found in Germany offer cheaper prices for oscilloscopes and waveform generators.
Sorry this is not the right thread but I wanted post it here for the last time.

Offline dimitrioptimus

• Contributor
« Reply #347 on: October 03, 2012, 09:55:35 am »
They looked nice but when I tried to make an A/C,it is showing 'System upgrade we suspended new user registration' for 5 days or so. >:(

Offline Rick

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #348 on: October 03, 2012, 11:33:23 am »
They looked nice but when I tried to make an A/C,it is showing 'System upgrade we suspended new user registration' for 5 days or so. >:(
They have live chat. If you tell them it is "Ratko" who recommended them they let you register :)))
Thank you Mr "Ratko".

Offline dimitrioptimus

• Contributor
« Reply #349 on: October 04, 2012, 06:11:26 am »
Thankx RICk,I succeded in creating my A/C by reffering Mr Ratko name,
Yes Long Live MR. RATKO

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf