Author Topic: Brand new Uni-T UT61E for sale  (Read 65174 times)

Offline crispus

• Regular Contributor
Re: Brand new Uni-T UT61E for sale
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 06:09:08 pm »
Another +1 for Franky here.  It arrived today well packed.

I'm pleased to do business with you. Hope to deal with you in future.

Keep up the good work!
Crispus.
I know I'm numskull, but I look around me and I feel better.

Offline ttp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 08:48:34 am »
Got some silicon wire from Franky while ago and today I've made new probes for my ESR meter. This wire is impressive, lots of metal (as opposed to few thin strands of wire and plenty of plastic), solders easily, nice feel and very flexible. Will buy more  :).

Offline deephaven

• Frequent Contributor
  • Civilization is just one big bootstrap
    • Deephaven Ltd
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 11:52:07 am »
My UT61E  :-DMM from Franky has just arrived. I'm pleased to be added to the list of satisfied customers. Thanks Franky!  :-+

Offline komet

• Supporter
  • Shenzhen Retroencabulator Mfg. Co.
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2013, 12:01:39 pm »
Just wanted to add my name to the list of satisfied customers. I went for the registered mail, so the tracking clearly shows that Franky handed it to Hong Kong Post on the same day. They then tossed it in a corner for a week, but that's not his fault of course.

As they say on ebay, A+++++, would do business again.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2013, 12:37:59 pm »
Frankie has been sending to Martin Lorton for a while, so the time to SA is quite well known now. Will look next week for a slip in the box to trundle down to Customs and visit them a little.

Offline iloveelectronicsTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 01:00:18 pm »
Thanks a lot for all of your support!

Frankie has been sending to Martin Lorton for a while, so the time to SA is quite well known now. Will look next week for a slip in the box to trundle down to Customs and visit them a little.

Sean, just a heads up for you - I've had 2 packages to South African customers gone missing recently, both of which were sent in early December :( I'm going to re-send them via registered mail. I hope you will receive yours okay. Pleaee do let me know when it arrives.
My email address: franky @ 99centHobbies . com
My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 01:46:22 pm »
They might still turn up, SAPO is not exactly known for being fast. That aside there has been a lot of exposure of theft from the sorting centres, especially of high value items. Caught on TV camera, but the union says they cannot be fired because, wait for it....................... they were not told that theft was being monitored by camera.

Then again at work we used to send stuff by the now dead PX freight, which had a 50% loss rate but 1% charge for insurance, plus a free waybill as well. We made money on them, just an extra day to get to the customer. no wonder they lost millions a year, though the internal tracking could tell you where it went missing, but they could never find out who took it.

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2013, 09:51:46 pm »
Sean, just a heads up for you - I've had 2 packages to South African customers gone missing recently, both of which were sent in early December :( I'm going to re-send them via registered mail.
Hi Franky,

I think there will come a day when you will have to send everything over a certain $$$ value via registered mail.

Someone, after you have delivered the package, will be dishonest and ruin your reputation or cause you too much grief and ruin it for the rest of us.

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2013, 09:55:34 pm »
Caught on TV camera, but the union says they cannot be fired because, wait for it....................... they were not told that theft was being monitored by camera.
I recall a similar incident /scenario with a Canadian union as well.  The employee was protected by the union and found not guilty.  :--  It makes me sick.

Offline Spawn

• Frequent Contributor
  • ³²µ º'ºººº³²
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2013, 09:59:23 pm »
I think there will come a day when you will have to send everything over a certain $$$ value via registered mail.

Someone, after you have delivered the package, will be dishonest and ruin your reputation or cause you too much grief and ruin it for the rest of us.

Retiredcaps, he is offering that already but I don’t think people take it, I also ordered from Franky with a registered tracking code and it doesn’t even cost that much.

Like you said someone or some custom guy could ruin his business like this, the best option is to calculate that registered mail in the costs and be save indeed.

Offline tcgoh

• Contributor
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2013, 03:01:37 am »
Hi

Just like to add to the chorus of happy buyers of Franky's meters. I got the UT61E and MS5308 LCR from him. I have no delivery issues as he hand delivered them. I guess I am just lucky as I live in HK too!!!!  :-DD

Both the meters passes the Dave's smell test. They are 100% spanking brand new and the smell proves it!!

I also got some banana plugs, grabber clips, silicon wires from him too.

I can attest that he is a pleasent guy to deal with.

Best wishes

TC

PS. don't smell the silicon wires as you will get high ... ha ha...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 02:14:57 pm by tcgoh »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 03:40:25 am »

Hi Franky,

I have been thinking about that lately. With the MS5308 that I'm going to offer publicly for sale, it will certainly be trackable. I will most likely make it the same with th UT61E as well when the new stock arrives, but I don't know if it's going to affect my sales as there's a lot of competition on this particular product on eBay. I just hope that my focus on customer service will make up for the slightly higher price. But for smaller items the extra $2 will make some buyers think twice so that will continue to be optional (I will need to figure out how to include that option on eBay though).

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2013, 06:14:49 am »
The extra $2 for that option would be nice, probably include it as a separate optional postal option, or make it the default for any sale over $xx.

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2013, 09:03:53 am »
I have been thinking about that lately. With the MS5308 that I'm going to offer publicly for sale, it will certainly be trackable. I will most likely make it the same with th UT61E as well when the new stock arrives, but I don't know if it's going to affect my sales as there's a lot of competition on this particular product on eBay.
Personally, I think you should add the $2 for your own protection.  I would not have a problem with paying an extra $2 on a > $50 product.

I know while I sort by "lowest price + shipping", I very carefully look at feedback and the seller's description and service and will pay a bit more especially on larger $$$ items.

Offline tcgoh

• Contributor
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2013, 10:44:04 am »
Hi Franky

I guess one way is to mention the 'registered' option and the additional charge in the item/shipping section and to request the buyer to include the additional charge in ‘other charges’ when checking out using paypal. It is also important to mention that choosing this option will require the buyer to sign for the delivery. I guess most buyers will be aware of this but there is no harm to be clear ^-^. If you think this is workable, you can make this ‘standard’ and buyers can make the decision no matter what the price of the item is, but like others have suggested, you can set an amount above which registered mail is a must.

It is also wise to make it mandatory when shipping to certain countries, like SA, as you mentioned earlier email.

Best of luck!

TC

Hi Franky,

I have been thinking about that lately. With the MS5308 that I'm going to offer publicly for sale, it will certainly be trackable. I will most likely make it the same with th UT61E as well when the new stock arrives, but I don't know if it's going to affect my sales as there's a lot of competition on this particular product on eBay. I just hope that my focus on customer service will make up for the slightly higher price. But for smaller items the extra $2 will make some buyers think twice so that will continue to be optional (I will need to figure out how to include that option on eBay though).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:47:11 am by tcgoh »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2013, 10:02:41 am »
Thanks again for all who have left nice comments for me, I really appreciate them!

I was out of stock on the UT61E's for about a week but they are now back! New link to my eBay listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200887197852

Or contact me here directly for the member discount price of $55 (or $57 with registered air mail shipping that comes with a tracking number).

Offline Biff383

• Regular Contributor
  • Oh Crap!!!
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2013, 07:46:52 pm »
Frankie... you are da man. Thankyou I just got the meter today, I'm waiting for it to warm a little before I put the battery in. It's about -7c here right now.    Great price Great shipping.  And Great communication.

Offline em132

• Contributor
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2013, 12:26:12 pm »
Another  :-+ for Franky!

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2013, 01:48:31 pm »
Thanks guys!

I have updated the pricing and shipping info in the opening post of this thread. I have now made Registered Air Mail the default shipping method for this multimeter, because long delays and missing packages in some countries have caused some problems for me :(

Offline Wytnucls

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2013, 02:13:01 pm »
Hey Franki, sorry to hear that!
I hope you're still on track to buy that Mc Laren next year.  ;)
See you soon.

Offline Amarbir[Lynx-India]

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
    • Lynx-India - Visit Us For Not So Boring Electronic Instruments
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2013, 02:40:54 pm »
Thanks guys!

I have updated the pricing and shipping info in the opening post of this thread. I have now made Registered Air Mail the default shipping method for this multimeter, because long delays and missing packages in some countries have caused some problems for me :(

Well,

You Sell This Meter Lets assume you get USD 10 Marjin And Sell it For 55USD .You make USD 10 Per Multimeter .Now you ship products to many people lets assume 6 people.All of them other then 1 does not get the meter . So You Make USD 60 By Selling Multimeters to six people.Now you have to send 1 product to the guy who did not get it /or is a liar .So you buy a multimeter and send him and loose USD  45/- in first shipping + loose another USD 45 /- in the one you resend .When you work and keep such marjins buying a mclaren is a DREAMMMMMMMMMM .........

Think about this sometimes  .As your business will grown so will you meet cheats / liars and what not  .
Regards

Amarbir Singh Dhillon [ Lynx-India ] , Chandigarh [ India ] - > www.lynxdealerstore.com , www.lynx-india.com
Indian Distributor For  [ Autoelectric , Sofitech , IDEOfy ,Peak Electronic Design [UK ] , Anatek And Creatronica ]
My Electronics Blog - > www.lynxchandigarh.com

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2013, 03:01:15 pm »
Well,

You Sell This Meter Lets assume you get USD 10 Marjin And Sell it For 55USD .You make USD 10 Per Multimeter .Now you ship products to many people lets assume 6 people.All of them other then 1 does not get the meter . So You Make USD 60 By Selling Multimeters to six people.Now you have to send 1 product to the guy who did not get it /or is a liar .So you buy a multimeter and send him and loose USD  45/- in first shipping + loose another USD 45 /- in the one you resend .When you work and keep such marjins buying a mclaren is a DREAMMMMMMMMMM .........

Think about this sometimes  .As your business will grown so will you meet cheats / liars and what not  .

Your point is ?

Cheats & liars are everywhere, a good entrepreneurship needs a good faith and trustworthiness to grow, also keeps worrying cheaters too much wont get your business anywhere. Are you aware that he does his business not only in this forum.  ;)

Also what if your assumption is wrong, say he makes huge margin (psstt...trade secret) , instead of 6 customers, he made it to 600 per week and only lost 1 or 2 for months. :o

PS : Btw Franky, I still owe you my shopping list.  ;D

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2013, 03:32:02 pm »
Your point is ?

Cheats & liars are everywhere, a good entrepreneurship needs a good faith and trustworthiness to grow, also keeps worrying cheaters too much wont get your business anywhere. Are you aware that he does his business not only in this forum.  ;)

Also what if your assumption is wrong, say he makes huge margin (psstt...trade secret) , instead of 6 customers, he made it to 600 per week and only lost 1 or 2 for months. :o

PS : Btw Franky, I still owe you my shopping list.  ;D

Well,
     i am aware he does on ebay ,mjlortons forums and eevblog .You do not need to tell me how much a Unit product will cost as i have exact rates for all uni-t products right from the factory with FOB china pricing .I know how much it costs  .If he sold " Which is your stupid imagination and he knows how much he has  " 600 units he is master distributor in china .But everyone has to see two coins when they trade .No one should do business with one eye closed  .This is my suggestion to him as a elder nothing else  .

PS :  BTW why have you kept the items in the shopping cart of your brain ,tell him to ship you the goods and get over with it .This will enable more thought into your mind Before you write crap like this -> https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/fs-tl866cs-universal-programmer/msg184241/#msg184241 .But never bothered to answer when i and franky both commented  .It does not bother me anymore cos i know what goes on in your mind now after all these comments  .You never take anything positively right .Your brain is full of negative views and thoughts .Over And Out
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:14:12 pm by Amarbir[Lynx-India] »
Regards

Amarbir Singh Dhillon [ Lynx-India ] , Chandigarh [ India ] - > www.lynxdealerstore.com , www.lynx-india.com
Indian Distributor For  [ Autoelectric , Sofitech , IDEOfy ,Peak Electronic Design [UK ] , Anatek And Creatronica ]

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2013, 03:53:24 pm »
Guys, no need to argue. Let me explain my position below.

Cheats & liars are everywhere, a good entrepreneurship needs a good faith and trustworthiness to grow, also keeps worrying cheaters too much wont get your business anywhere.

This is exactly how I want to build this business. I want to build it upon trust and good reputation. I don't want to be "just another Chinese seller". I don't want to worry about cheaters and liars. I want to believe that all my customers are honest people (or at least I'd like to appeal to this group), although there's no way that can be guaranteed, in fact, the opposite might be more guaranteed  :-DD In any case, if I worry too much the negative energy will eventually get to me and stop me from providing the service I'm providing now.

To be honest I don't even have a $10 margin on this particular multimeter. If you think about it, it doesn't even make sense with all the work involved. But if this is what gets people in the door then I'm all for it. Hopefully they will then buy more stuff from me on which I have higher margins.

People have told me that buyers on eBay have no loyalty, they just shop where the price is the lowest, but I'm happy to report that I do have a few repeat customers both on this forum and on eBay, and I would attribute that to the fact that I'm providing quality service/products at very reasonable price (please tell me otherwise if that's not the case  ;D).

Making money is not my sole purpose of running this business, I'm treating this only as a secondary income source. As I wrote on my eBay store home page, I want to share my geographical advantage with the rest of the world, so people won't have to pay outrageous prices for stuff that can be had for much cheaper, stuff with decent quality that is. I'd also like to bridge the gap between the English speaking world and the resourceful China. And if at all possible, I'd also like to change the perception of "One Hung Lo" (i.e. all this crap coming out of China), to at least "there are some half decent products made in China".

Obviously I'm just one tiny person so I won't be able to change the world, but I'm quite happy to help and change one customer at a time.

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2013, 04:13:12 pm »
Franky ,
     We all love you and you know this right .Its just your honesty that makes these customers go back to you .You are indeed in a very resourceful area .Consider other dealer who first have to import from china/hongkong and then try and compete worldwide .And man china makes everything good/bad/ugly .The issue is that when people import ugly stuff and project its good without understanding .This makes china's name bad too  .I know how much marjin you get on the tools you sell but thats a point between two dealers .Remember i told you soon i would be getting some tools from you after you collect them for me in your place that time is not far off .

Ps :  on the lighter note ,you still working in holidays period  ?

Regards

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf